• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone else with neuro stuff like burning pain and tingling?

ixchelkali

Yes, I get lots of those neuro problems, and I believe they are common in ME/CFS. The ones I get have changed over time and they also change from day to day. The newest one is having an area feel a thousand little points of pain, like getting stung by a thousand bees all at once, or like somebody rubbed nettles on me. I'm so NOT FOND of that one!

SK2018

SK
Sounds like symptoms caused by auto immune auto antibodies ,get Tested for anti neuronal antibodies
When i read about cfs i rarely read about other neurological symptoms than headache, memory problems and brain fog. I do have tons of other neuro symptoms like tingling, twitching, burning pain, heavy arms and legs, ataxia and would like to know if this is common with cfs? These symptoms dont seem to be classical cfs symptoms. Anyone else with this stuff?
unds

SK2018

SK
Remember CFS is actually not the same exact diagnosis as ME ,it gets mixed up,ME is a true neurological illness recognized by the world health organization

When i read about cfs i rarely read about other neurological symptoms than headache, memory problems and brain fog. I do have tons of other neuro symptoms like tingling, twitching, burning pain, heavy arms and legs, ataxia and would like to know if this is common with cfs? These symptoms dont seem to be classical cfs symptoms. Anyone else with this stuff?
Remember

lauluce

as long as you manage to stay alive, there's hope
My disease actually started with paresthesia, I only developed abnormal fatigue two years after the beginning of my symptoms, and post-exertional malaise, which is generally considered the defining ME symptom, 10 years after the beginning of my symptoms (this one confirmed by a double exercise study with CO2 measurement) . I've got pins and needles, burning sensations, "internal" itching, loss of sensibility, increased sensibility, all over my body, but specially in my hands and feet, yet at the beginning it was mostly centred at my face, scalp, throat and the rest of my head

lauluce

as long as you manage to stay alive, there's hope
since we are talking about neurological symptoms, some of them "weird" ones... I have this problem where I can find a particular object among when it is surrounded by many other objects, even if other people can find it easily, the best example being not being able to spot a particular food item in the fridge or a particular can among many other food items on a shelve, things like that... does anybody experience this? does it have a name?