• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone Else With High Chlamydia Pneumoniae IgG?

Jyoti

I have recently learned that I have have an IgG titer to c. pneumoniae high enough to strongly suggest chronic infection (>=1:512, with a negative value being <1:64). In seeking to understand this information and what I can do with it, I found a great forum (http://cpnhelp.org ) on the topic, but I notice that a lot of the substantive threads there, as well as here on PR, are fairly old. Much of the research I unearthed seems similarly not current. As if there was a lot of interest in it fifteen-twenty years ago that petered out ten years back.

So...I am wondering about anyone else with this result: did you do further testing (like IgA)? Did you decide to treat, either with a pharma antibiotic protocol (like Wheldon) or an herbal one (like Buhner)? If you did, what happened? These look like pretty rigorous undertakings, but if they were able to improve my function enough, it might be worth trying.

Did you treat under the guidance of a doctor? If so, what sort, and if possible, who? Or did you go it alone? Precautions? Warnings? Ameliorations to share? All very much appreciated.

I'm also curious about the onset of your ME/CFS. Do you see any relationship there? ME began for me immediately following the resolution of acute symptoms of an upper respiratory infection that was likely pneumonia. It may or may not be relevant, but it certainly increases my suspicion that chronic c pneumoniae might be driving a lot of my illness.

I'm going to assume that if one of these protocols cured your ME/CFS symptoms, you won't be reading or answering this. But any experience, particularly in the last ten years, is of great interest to me.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Jyoti

Thanks @Judee. I appreciate it!

I tested high on an HVV6 PCR as well, which I think is something you deal with as well? Somehow, though, my gut tells me that in my case the CPn is the bigger issue. So I’m trying to tackle it first. Still, very interested HVV6 info too.

sunshine44

Que sera sera

Violeta

Chlamydia pneumoniae depends on iron for its growth.

For its growth C. pneumoniae depends on iron (Fe), but how Fe changes in tissues during persistent infection or affects bacterial replication in tissues is unknown.

Iron (Fe) is an essential element for almost all microorganisms, including C. pneumoniae, and increased Fe in infected tissues has, for example, been shown to promote intracellular bacterial growth of mycobacteria

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5485268/

Jyoti

There used to be a whole site dedicated to chlamydia pneumoniae. Many of the people there also had secondary porphyria
Agreed. A very helpful site in many ways. Fortunately, I have no symptoms of porphyria at this point, primary or secondary. Thanks, @Violeta for the paper on iron. It throws up a couple of interesting questions to examine.
Best wishes on your antimicrobial healing journey.
Thank you!

Violeta

Agreed. A very helpful site in many ways. Fortunately, I have no symptoms of porphyria at this point, primary or secondary. Thanks, @Violeta for the paper on iron. It throws up a couple of interesting questions to examine.

Thank you!
That's good you don't have any symptoms of porphyria, because the heme excess of porphyria makes the c pn very difficult to clear up.

I have recently learned that I have have an IgG titer to c. pneumoniae high enough to strongly suggest chronic infection (>=1:512, with a negative value being <1:64). In seeking to understand this information and what I can do with it, I found a great forum (http://cpnhelp.org ) on the topic, but I notice that a lot of the substantive threads there, as well as here on PR, are fairly old. Much of the research I unearthed seems similarly not current. As if there was a lot of interest in it fifteen-twenty years ago that petered out ten years back.

So...I am wondering about anyone else with this result: did you do further testing (like IgA)? Did you decide to treat, either with a pharma antibiotic protocol (like Wheldon) or an herbal one (like Buhner)? If you did, what happened? These look like pretty rigorous undertakings, but if they were able to improve my function enough, it might be worth trying.

Did you treat under the guidance of a doctor? If so, what sort, and if possible, who? Or did you go it alone? Precautions? Warnings? Ameliorations to share? All very much appreciated.

I'm also curious about the onset of your ME/CFS. Do you see any relationship there? ME began for me immediately following the resolution of acute symptoms of an upper respiratory infection that was likely pneumonia. It may or may not be relevant, but it certainly increases my suspicion that chronic c pneumoniae might be driving a lot of my illness.

I'm going to assume that if one of these protocols cured your ME/CFS symptoms, you won't be reading or answering this. But any experience, particularly in the last ten years, is of great interest to me.

Thanks!
an experimental nac and vitamin d together test is meaningful according to the site.
you may try it if you react something like symptoms of cold and flu then try embark either the protocol or the herbal treatment
Good luck.
edit: let me correct myself and just give you a simple warning. I do not fully believe the results of blood tests regarding infections so the best way is experimenting on yourself before fully adopting a protocol which could harm you. you give results of 1:512 in my 3rd world country it is a different metric if results greater than 25 this counts positive. I believe if you give reactions to this empirical test and decide to start treatments please do with a knowledgeable doctor or a herbalist. especially rifampicin is not something that you play with it. other friends as well I saw here cured and fully eradicated their cpn. May be they will chime in too. I am just trying to treat myself on my own so do as I say however don't do what I do.
Good luck again.

Last edited:

Hip

Dr John Chia published this paper on Chlamydia pneumoniae in ME/CFS:

https://cid.oxfordjournals.org/content/29/2/452.full.pdf

The paper says:
Most patients had favorable clinical and serological responses to a 1- to 2-months course of azithromycin therapy, although relapse was common.

According to one study, a combination of azithromycin with rifampin or doxycycline is more likely to fully eradicate Chlamydia pneumoniae.

Jyoti

please do with a knowledgeable doctor or a herbalist. especially rifampicin is not something that you play with
I am just trying to treat myself on my own so do as I say however don't do what I do.
:lol::lol::lol:
Thanks. I needed a bit of a laugh, and while I know you are serious, it lifted my spirits a bit. Finding a knowledgable doctor (or herbalist) is no mean feat so it is often that we end up treating ourselves. If you can't find someone who knows more than you do....what is the better option?

Are you treating yourself specifically for CPn or ME or something else @wolves2626 ?

other friends as well I saw here cured and fully eradicated their cpn
That is actually really exciting to hear. I hope they do chime in.
an experimental nac and vitamin d together test is meaningful according to the site.
I have read this, coming from several well-informed doctors. On the other hand a doctor I know and trust advised against it because NAC is such an efficient chelator. She felt that the 'flu-ish' results would not be specific enough. I am still considering it as another data point.

results of 1:512
Yes, different tests, different metrics, different countries. With this particular IFA test my result is the highest they report.
According to one study, a combination of azithromycin with rifampin or doxycycline is more likely to fully eradicate Chlamydia pneumoniae.
Yes, a triple antibiotic regimen, administered over the course of 1-2 years seems like a pretty sure bet. At least according to a doctor named Wheldon, who cured his wife of progressive MS that way. It does seem that the bacteria which are both biphasic and able to morph into yet another difficult to find form (forgiving my lack of correct terminology, I hope) need to be targeted by a variety of antibiotics of the infectious form just finds a way to resurface.

Appreciate all the feedback and thoughts and links.

I have got many ailments. trying to treat firstly cpn. on chlarithromycin and nac vitamin d right now.
will try 2 months to see if any improvements otherwise will stop the treatment.
im afraid this is a waste of time. the antibiotic is most likely insufficient to clear the infection if you in fact have it.

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
im afraid this is a waste of time. the antibiotic is most likely insufficient to clear the infection if you in fact have it.
Didn't you say in another thread that you've been on 3 antibiotics for the last 2 years? Are you trying to treat CPn? Is that what your doctor prescribed those for?

Didn't you say in another thread that you've been on 3 antibiotics for the last 2 years? Are you trying to treat CPn? Is that what your doctor prescribed those for?
yes exactly. i was just trying to say that being on what the person i quoted was on is not sufficient to probably clear the infection or see any improvements at all if it is cpn.

Violeta

"Chlamydia pneumoniae (C. pneumoniae) may be a mediator in the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis. For its growth C. pneumoniae depends on iron (Fe), but how Fe changes in tissues during persistent infection or affects bacterial replication in tissues is unknown."