• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone else sometimes just can’t speak?

jesse's mom

Have you recorded your blood pressure and heart rate, in a baseline, then at the time of the word salad?
My numbers are reliably much higher when that is happening. I resolve it with tiritating up on my Vitamin D and find that remarkable.

Sarahloudobby

@jesse's mom Well i had my bloods taken just before winter here and my doctor told me to take vitamin D he checked heart etc. He’s actually a nice guy who listens, and has suggested a few things to try and help me. Today I have been for a sports massage to loosen my back and shoulders but he also did my legs. Right now I feel bruised but I know it will be worth it in a couple of days x

jesse's mom

oh! good @Sarahloudobby , massage used to help me a lot!
These days anything longer than 10 minutes of massage gives me the flu like symptoms all over again. Sick for a week!

Perhaps if I had never stopped regular massage my lymph system would have been better... Stick with that! Good stuff!