• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone else crash out with new probiotic?

CedarHome

Each time I start a new probiotic, or increase the dose, I have to.... take 2-3-5 days off and sleep/ rest.

I'm overcome with fatigue, and often joint pain and inflammation.

I'm *assuming* this means... my immune system is starting to work and is cleaning house.

I don't feel sick, just - like the energy of my body is unavailable to me, busy elsewhere.

Just wondering if this is a common response, does anyone else experience this?

The two probiotics I've had this response with have been:

Megaspore

and now

Custom probiotic D-Lactate free

I also get a similar response when I was taking Allicin or Berberine (for SIBO) and increasing the dose.

ljimbo423

Just wondering if this is a common response, does anyone else experience this?

The two probiotics I've had this response with have been:

Megaspore

and now

Custom probiotic D-Lactate free

I also get a similar response when I was taking Allicin or Berberine (for SIBO) and increasing the dose.

This happens to me too, when I take too high a dose of either probiotics or herbs like berberine. I have to take very low doses of probiotics, usually not more than 5 billion to start and I increase 5 billion every 3-4 days or so.

Same thing with berberine etc. I take maybe 50-100mg at a time and very slowly go up on the dosage or I get a worsening of pain, inflammation, fatigue etc.

keepontruckin

Bravo probiotic is one we crashed out with at the beginning. It surprises me that people are not discussing it. My daughter's pain gets worse fast when it runs out. Helps with sleep too.
By the way I receive no benefit directly or indirectly from promoting bravo. It is just the best tool we have in our arsenal. But it is expensive.

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
@Lassesen has a website on gut biomes and gives a lot of helpful info. Maybe you've been there before.

He does say if you are getting reactions, move to something else. I think he also lists warnings about that one particular probiotic - Megaspore but I don't remember what he said. The site is cfsremission.com.

keepontruckin

I order from a place in Toronto. When i search bravo probiotic toronto the name of the place comes up. I think it is Vitawellness.

splusholia

Bravo probiotic is one we crashed out with at the beginning. It surprises me that people are not discussing it. My daughter's pain gets worse fast when it runs out. Helps with sleep too.
By the way I receive no benefit directly or indirectly from promoting bravo. It is just the best tool we have in our arsenal. But it is expensive.

Can I ask, is it a probiotic yoghurt or is it in capsule form? Thank you