• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone do coffe enemas? They make me worse

Aerose91

I've only done 2 and have to already stop. First one made me tired and logey and the second made me all messed up; insane adrenaline rushes, insomnia, muscle weakness, confusion. These dont feel like detox symptoms but rather just weird neurological things. If i knew it was a detox or something that i have to go through in order to improve id just suck it up and forge on but im not sure if this reaction is negative or not.

Anyone have weird experiences like this?

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
@ahmo can help you. She also has a link in Her signature and CE's.

I wonder if some of it is the caffeine? That's why I haven't done one yet.

Aerose91

Thanks, ill check out ahmo's profile.

Im not sure if it is the caffeine as in, if i drink caffeine i get all jittery and stuff, not insane adrenaline dumps and neurological issues like this brought on. Maybe being absorbed through the colon causes different effects though? Who knows.

Undisclosed

The reason why some medications are given rectally is because they are absorbed via this route. You would be getting a greater than normal dose of caffeine.

http://www.insufferableintolerance.com/coffee-enemas-dont-know-now-coffee-goes-feel-bad/
Caffeine is a drug that acts as a stimulant that affects the brain and nervous system – absorbing caffeine into your body will affect it regardless of where it is being absorbed from.

Some of the signs and symptoms of excessive amounts of caffeine include:a rise in body temperature

frequent urination and dehydration
dizziness and headaches
after the energy burst, an even greater feeling of fatigue
rapid heart beat (palpitations)
restlessness and excitability
anxiety and irritability
trembling hands
sleeplessness

Most with ME are not able to tolerate even small amounts of caffeine.

ahmo

@Aerose91 I'm a huge fan of CEs, they've been very potent medicine for me. I found that the lighter the roast of coffee, the better I felt afterwards. The dark roast I used initially left me sleepless, no matter how early or how much I used. Switching to the special roast for CEs change everything. In fact, it's higher caffeine, but roasted to a color and smell approximating peanut butter. Also high ih palmitic acid, one of the active ingredients.

I found I had to add minerals and aminoes afterwards, You'll see in my blog.

Undisclosed

@Aerose91 I'm a huge fan of CEs, they've been very potent medicine for me. I found that the lighter the roast of coffee, the better I felt afterwards. The dark roast I used initially left me sleepless, no matter how early or how much I used. Switching to the special roast for CEs change everything. In fact, it's higher caffeine, but roasted to a color and smell approximating peanut butter. Also high ih palmitic acid, one of the active ingredients.

I found I had to add minerals and aminoes afterwards, You'll see in my blog.

Palmitic acid is a long-chain fatty acid. It's unlikely that any of the palmitic acid is being absorbed by the colon because fatty acids are not absorbed by the colon.

Aerose91

I really question if i had a reaction to caffeine simply because it was so different than when i drink caffeine. Hell the first one made me sleepy. All the other symptoms though, they were very neurological and nothing like a caffeine high