• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone cured their POTS?

ChookityPop

I have blood pooling and the last week I have been experiencing dizziness for the first time. Though I should note that Ive been on Mestinon for 3 days.

Ive seen people reverse their pots with:
Abx
IVIG & Rituximab

I read somewhere that doxycycline could help strengthen ligaments, could this be a cofactor why some people seem to respond well to abx?

Looking forward to hear from you guys : )

Mary

Moderator Resource
@ChookityPop - you might find this thread interesting: I think Earthing cured my dysautonomia/POTS

I don't have POTS but I have found that earthing helps me sleep. If I'm able to sit outside with my feet on the cement (no grass where I live!) for at least an hour, I fall asleep more quickly in the middle of the night when I wake up.

The woman who started the above thread used an earthing sheet on her bed. I tried one but didn't notice any difference. However, we're all different, and maybe she used a different product.

gbells

Improved ME from 2 to 6
The woman who started the above thread used an earthing sheet on her bed. I tried one but didn't notice any difference. However, we're all different, and maybe she used a different product.

Mary didn't earthing improve your sleep? When I was early ME and had trouble sleeping earthing plus curcumin were lifesavers. I preferred the wrist band to more expensive sheets due to low cost.

Mary

Moderator Resource
Mary didn't earthing improve your sleep? When I was early ME and had trouble sleeping earthing plus curcumin were lifesavers. I preferred the wrist band to more expensive sheets due to low cost.
Earthing did improve my sleep, though the earthing sheets didn't. And I did use the wrist band for awhile, it seemed to help a little, and then it just didn't. I get the best results if I'm able to sit outside with my feet on the ground for at least an hour, which isn't always possible unfortunately!

gbells

Improved ME from 2 to 6
Earthing did improve my sleep, though the earthing sheets didn't. And I did use the wrist band for awhile, it seemed to help a little, and then it just didn't. I get the best results if I'm able to sit outside with my feet on the ground for at least an hour, which isn't always possible unfortunately!

Check the ground on the outlet with an outlet tester.

Mary

Moderator Resource
@ChookityPop - one more suggestion - @Learner1 has mentioned several times that Huperzine A has helped her with POTS. You can do a search here for more info (see the search feature on the top right-hand side of the page). However, I think she takes the Huperzine A instead of Mestinon - I would look at her posts.

Mary

Moderator Resource
Check the ground on the outlet with an outlet tester.
I did this. One question: I was using a power strip to plug it into, and I did check the outlets on the power strip first and they were fine. Do you think it would be more effective if it was plugged directly into the wall outlet?

gbells

Improved ME from 2 to 6
I did this. One question: I was using a power strip to plug it into, and I did check the outlets on the power strip first and they were fine. Do you think it would be more effective if it was plugged directly into the wall outlet?

Yes the strip could be bad. If the outlet tests good try it. You should notice the difference.

Mary

Moderator Resource
Yes the strip could be bad. If the outlet tests good try it. You should notice the difference.
I don't know what you mean when you say the strip could be bad - I have other things plugged into which work. But, for the heck of it, I will try plugging the wrist strap plug directly into the wall outlet, after I test it, and see if I notice a difference - it would be great if I did!

gbells

Improved ME from 2 to 6
I don't know what you mean when you say the strip could be bad - I have other things plugged into which work. But, for the heck of it, I will try plugging the wrist strap plug directly into the wall outlet, after I test it, and see if I notice a difference - it would be great if I did!

It really should work. I used to use outlet grounding every evening with no problems. I'm thinking the strip could have a short in the ground.

ChookityPop

@ChookityPop - one more suggestion - @Learner1 has mentioned several times that Huperzine A has helped her with POTS. You can do a search here for more info (see the search feature on the top right-hand side of the page). However, I think she takes the Huperzine A instead of Mestinon - I would look at her posts.
thank you! I will look at her posts:)

sometexan84

I just wanted to say that I like your avatar @ChookityPop

1602963938205.png