• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

anybody knows about MTFR2?

Dan_USAAZ

Where do they say their results are 99% accurate? Can you post the link? Are all SNPs reliable 99% or some are more accurate and other are less (as they wrote to me by mail)?

https://customercare.23andme.com/hc...,tested under different laboratory conditions.

1634664514589.png

trollo

Thank you, i was not able to find it by myself. But there is something which is not clear to me... when they say "Each variant in our Genetic Health Risk and Carrier Status Reports demonstrated >99% accuracy, and each variant also showed >99% reproducibility when tested under different laboratory conditions. " are they saying that only a specific subset of SNPs in this "Genetic Health Risk and Carrier Status Report" is more than 99% accurate, OR that ALL their SNPs in their raw datas are >99% accurate? Maybe it's my problem because of the language or maybe they are not clear enough, but i don't understand it very well...
A >99% accuracy rate would be very good, and if my MTHFR genes status would be 99% accurate i shouldn't have any need to test it again in some other laboratory. Anyway, my nutritionist was wrong, he confused the MTFR2 with the MTHFR and it was the latter that he wanted me to test... :bang-head: