• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anybody fighting adhd too?

xebex

I am not sure if I had adhd before ME as I think I just lived life in a way that naturally managed an mild case. But I definitely struggle to rest because I also feel like I’m bouncing off the walls it drives me mad! Sometimes I pace up and down and make myself worse because I feel so agitated, this kind of thing happened before I got sick but I’d just go ride my bike and I worked in a fast pace environment.

bensmith

Yeah dude you had adhd. Lol. Sorry me too.

ive been diagnosed and was obv adhd as a very small child. Me and my entire family are very adhd!
And same worked in a stressful enviroment was heaven! : )

i make myself worse too, im bouncing off my bed about every second of the day! Lol. It sucks!

i thougjt about stims because they calm me, but i know they are tricky with adhd, have you done them?

xebex

Yeah dude you had adhd. Lol. Sorry me too.

ive been diagnosed and was obv adhd as a very small child. Me and my entire family are very adhd!
And same worked in a stressful enviroment was heaven! : )

i make myself worse too, im bouncing off my bed about every second of the day! Lol. It sucks!

i thougjt about stims because they calm me, but i know they are tricky with adhd, have you done them?

I have found ritalin very helpful On the days it works. It calms me for sure which makes me think even more that I have adhd. But the weird thing for me is it only works for a couple of days and then stops working or makes me irritable. So I take it once a week just to get some respite on that day. I think if you already have diagnosed adhd it’s worth trying. You can get is prescribed for the adhd and it might help the ME. Just use it to allow you to rest rather than do things or you could be in trouble!

xebex

Something else maybe worth trying is Wellbutrin. Unfortunately it gave me tinnitus so I stopped after 2 days but those two days were great!

bensmith

Ok i might try rit. I have been o. Adderall for years but stopped a while ago. It makes me sleepy too actaullly, migjt try it again. Just afraid itll make
Me
Worse. Seems a lot
Of
People
Talk about that happening to them, but they dont have adhd.
I took it a couple days a month ago, but got freaked out got worse, but could be just conciede ce.

xebex

It is risky. A lot of people take it who dont have adhd, they take it for it’s energizing properties which probably isn’t really helpful. There also starttera to consider and maybe try like 1/4 pill of Ritalin instead? I only take 2.5 mg 1-4x a day it’s enough to calm me on a day I should be resting and not pacing up and down!