• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anybody else cut off cell phone use?

margib

I totally took away my cell phone as well as my portable phone, which supposedly has the same amount of radiation. I'm back to an old school landline. need either an old school answering machine or voice mail, though. what about y'all?

Sing

My Responses to EMRs and those devices

Hi Margib!

I haven't done this but think it is a good idea to minimize EMR. Were you having symptoms from your phones?

A salesman at Radio Shack who was very knowledgable about a lot of stuff said that cell phones emit considerably less radiation than the portable phones. I know if I talk a long time on the portable I get a pain in my ear going into my head and feel dazed afterwards. Only use a Tracfone, rarely. Want to get an old fashioned landline but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Don't have a computer or TV at home--those are what I would overuse, especially the TV with its sound. Most of the programs and ads have too much intensity, speed, excitement, for my system. All that stuff wacks me out and makes me overtired into the next day.
However, when at other people's houses petsitting, I do use these machines because I want to be in touch and find out what is happening. So I am wacked out too, then. I recover after a day.

Cecelia

Sunday

I've also heard that portables emit more radiation than cell phones. A friend of mine solves this problem by ALWAYS using the speakerphone. Of course there's no such thing as a private conversation this way.

I have a cell phone but I always put it on speaker, too (advice of the friend above) which works in all but the very noisiest situations. And I recently got a landline. If you're looking for a cheap phone, thrift stores often have the old, non-emf-emitting types nice and cheap. They're better made, too, seems to me - and you can use your phone in a power outage.

I lived without electricity for 28 years, so I can feel the emfs. After too much computer use (it's my TV, too) I find it helps to go outside and literally get grounded - lie on the ground. Or just be outside away from a screen and electricity for awhile. Yoga and taoist exercises help, so did walking back when I could do more of it, but even a little concentration on things bodily really helps me.

willow

My cellphone is only for emergancy usage.

I bought an analogue answerphone on ebay and it's so awful it's unusable. I'd like one with a decent phonebook memory 50+ and speaker phone. Does anyone in the UK have something like this, and if so what is it?

Until I find it I'm making do without an answerphone, and the rare times I go out I put the DECT answerphone on.

jenbooks

I have a panasonic KX-TS600W. It's a landed phone. I researched and the portables emit 24/7 microwave radiation. Forget it.

Cellphones are safer--if you use them sporadically. I wonder how much radiation I get using my iphone for email and web surfing which I do often. I never used cellphones much before. It's not against my head but still....

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I just ditched my portable phone at my doctor's recommendation. I got a Panasonic KX-TS620 wired phone with built in answering machine. I added a good headset and a 25 foot receiver line. (similar to yours Jenbooks)

I also only use a cell phone for emergencies and when I do I use Mercola's "Blue tube" headset--which has about 5 inches of a no-wire airtube between your ear and the rest of the headset cable. Mercola says that an ordinary headset on on cell or portable phone will magnify (or at least not reduce) the emf's to the head.

I also put diodes on my computer, modem, wired my computer to the modem with a 50 ethernet cable and carry a personal diode in my pocket--all my doc's recommendations.

Sushi

Sing

Well, my consciousness raised again with this thread, I packed up my portable phones yesterday and got a good Panasonic landline with answering machine, speaker phone, remote access, etc. It has all the features I like and I feel so much better about having it. The portable used to give me pain in my ear-head after awhile of talking, and I know I need to minimize brain stress. I got a 25 foot cord.

Please, Sushi or another, tell me what a personal diode is or any diode, also a receiver line and also an ethernet cable???

Thank you!

Cecelia

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Well, my consciousness raised again with this thread, I packed up my portable phones yesterday and got a good Panasonic landline with answering machine, speaker phone, remote access, etc. It has all the features I like and I feel so much better about having it. The portable used to give me pain in my ear-head after awhile of talking, and I know I need to minimize brain stress. I got a 25 foot cord.

Please, Sushi or another, tell me what a personal diode is or any diode, also a receiver line and also an ethernet cable???

Thank you!

Cecelia

Sounds like you got the same Panosonic I did! I had been feeling really guilty about my portable for a long time. Diodes are supposed to minimize electro-magnetic radiation. I have one stuck near the power source on computer, etc, and one in my pocket. The brainscan evidence is compelling (showing a thermogram of the head while on a cell phone with and without a diode). There are a lot of worthless ones out there. My doc likes this company: http://www.energpolarit.com/ Somewhere on that site you'll find the brainscan pix.

An ethernet cable is the cable that connects your computer to a modem. By receiver line, I just mean the curly cord that connects the receiver to the phone. A 25 foot one lets you roam further from the phone--my goal was to reach the bathroom!

Sushi

Sing

Thank you, Sushi! Happy Thanksgiving--

So the long curly cord I got is the one you meant by "receiver cord".

I don't have a computer or TV but long for a computer to keep in touch. If I get one, I'll get that long cable you suggest.

Thanks for the diode information too,

Cecelia