• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Any recommendations for Fat Malabsorption and Calcium Oxalate Stones?

Peyt

Does lemon juice in water increase stomach acid?
It might, it will definitely increase the citrates which should help with Oxalates.
For the past few days I was using Apple Cider Vinegar tablets which was helping. I started with 1 tablet, then 2 and then 3. But Once I hit 3 (per meal) I started getting signs of sinus congestion and stuffy nose. I read somewhere that too much Vinegar can increase the production of Histamine and that's what I think happened. I stopped it for the last 2 days. I am going to start again tomorrow, but this time I will not go above 2 tablets.

Peyt

Thanks Learner1,
Definitely some great information,
It's interesting that he recommends a product with Calcium Citrate in it. I understand why Citrates are beneficial for dissolving Oxalates, but Calcium in a form of a supplement has always gave me constipation .. I don't recall
if the calcium supplements I took in the past were Calcium Citrate or some other form, but I did poorly. Also, when they examined my Kidney Stone they said it was Calcium Oxalate, so that again scares me to take any Calcium supplementation. I guess I need to try it one more time.

Learner1

It's worth looking into your status for vitamins K and D and B6.

The last thing you want is to be pulling calcium out of your bones and putting it into your heart. Getting the digestive system working properly is critical.

Peyt

It's worth looking into your status for vitamins K and D and B6.

The last thing you want is to be pulling calcium out of your bones and putting it into your heart. Getting the digestive system working properly is critical.

My Vit D has been low historically, and I have been supplementing with D/K2 which has now brought the levels to normal. As far as B6, it used to give me headaches when I took them, which is common for me since I get headaches from anything that even slightly dilates blood vessels or lowers blood pressure. ... I am now taking a small amount of Yohimbine which has been helping, but I am still in search of other supplements that can help with Vasoconstriction so I can then get on with the rest of the supplements that my body needs. Please let me know if you know of any. thanks

Learner1

As far as B6, it used to give me headaches when I took them, which is common for me since I get headaches from anything that even slightly dilates blood vessels or lowers blood pressure. .
Just because you get an unpleasant symptom from a nutrient, it doesn't mean you don't need it. Many times, you also need one or more cofactors used in the same pathway(s).

B6 is used in a lot of places. If you read the articles I linked, it has a key role. It is also used in heme production, sphingolipid production and detoxification. Headaches can also be from mobilizing toxins.

There are various substances that can act to dilate or constrict blood vessels. I wouldn't know what to suggest without seeing your labs. Otherwise it would be random wild guesses. Have you had a comprehensive nutrient test done, like a Genova Diagnostics NutrEval?

renski

You can use magnesium or calcium citrate for oxalates, apparently when you eat you're feeding the bacteria that produce oxalates and taking these with meals helps to mop up the oxalates? I guess that includes what is in the food as well

LINE

I've also had problems with fat malabsorption and i had sometimes low stomach acid. At that time i was eating only vegetables, fruit, nuts, cheese and a lot of olive oil. I felt good. I didn't have pain. But i was feeling bloated all the time and really tired. A lot of my problems came from a poor digestion. I cannot digest peppers, tomatoes and milk. I have no problems with tomatoes when i make a sauce of it. Yoghurt and cheese are also no problem for me. When i was leaving these things out and started using zinc the problems went away. Gingertea helped me also. When i started to eat bread again i started to get headaches and my neck and throat was also hurting. I stopped with the zinc and magnesium pills. And i felt better then ever. Stinging nettletea seems to balance things for me. I can not do without at the moment. When i feel worse i always start with vegetables and fruit for a day with some fish. For me this is the basic.