• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Any more vaccination personal stories?

judyinthesky

@godlovesatrier that is good to know that means I can still get better haha. I have a bit of an issue with all my previous issues worsening after jab. And this is just 1st Pfizer. I am a firm believer in science, but this is no fun. As people with severe chronic illness I guess we all know that fear - of getting worse and not stable.

judyinthesky

@godlovesatrier when you say not well for 2 weeks, what did you have if I may ask? I am not sure whether what I experience is a mast cell flare or some vaccine induced ramping up of inflammation.. all I know is I am taken back ages to where I started before getting stable. Sigh.

Rufous McKinney

I'm working up my bravery for getting the vaccine.

My daughter called, pressure on both of us to get vaccinated.

I'm- still in evaluation mode. (I rarely leave here and don't go far for long)

But today my husband indicated he does NOT think I am in any kind to shape to be accepting vaccines into my system.

He is really concerned. I'm so- lousy weak here lately, and just dragging myself. No uuummpppffff.

He thinks I need to be in much better shape before undertaking such a thing.

I'm- in a quandry.

pattismith

6 days after 2nd Pfizer...

D0 nothing special after the injection
D1 I feel very very bad, same as if I had a very bad flu but no fever. Took paracetamol from this day to D6
D2 much better
D3 to D6 real remission: NO sleepiness in the middle of the day, no nap, and no need for more stimulant.
I just took a bit of Modafinil in the morning (half a tablet) which is 3 times less than what I need usually.

I already had some days of remission post viral infection, so I don't have much hope it will last, but every good day is a gift, I don't regret one minute the bad day I had after the shot :thumbsup:

I was really not that well for 2 weeks post zeneca (jab 1). First 48 hours were horrible, I basically felt like I had a full blown viral infection. However now the only thing I have is this very WEIRD pain/aching at the jab site whenever I sleep on it. It's almost like nerve damage or tissue damage, I don't get it at all, it's really bizarre and I've never ever had this reaction to a jab before. The thing is the pain is always there when I sleep on it, makes me wonder if it's an auto immune reaction?
I really can't say for the pain in your arm, but most likely an inflammation I guess.

blueberry

I was really not that well for 2 weeks post zeneca (jab 1). First 48 hours were horrible, I basically felt like I had a full blown viral infection. However now the only thing I have is this very WEIRD pain/aching at the jab site whenever I sleep on it. It's almost like nerve damage or tissue damage, I don't get it at all, it's really bizarre and I've never ever had this reaction to a jab before. The thing is the pain is always there when I sleep on it, makes me wonder if it's an auto immune reaction?
My arm is still sore after 3 weeks post 2nd AZ jab. I deliberately had it in my right arm this time, because I sleep on my left side. Might be something to consider for your second jab if you have a favourite side to sleep on :)

godlovesatrier

I think I am going to get my next one in the same arm to be honest, just so that one arm is at least something I can sleep on. As a man I tend to sleep on my front but since I started trying various different things to improve my ME baseline/recover the injection site has hurt a lot more and that's probably lead me to sleeping on my side. Apparently I am a bit odd for never sleeping with a pillow under my head :rofl:

Azayliah

Thought I should follow up with my second Pfizer shot. The first one went into my upper left arm; the second was in my right shoulder. Something I forgot to mention on my first post is that I reacted to the vaccine the way I react to MRI contrast... right after the shot, I got a bitter taste in my mouth and felt extreme nausea. This also occurred the second time.

The first shot got rid of my migraine... the second one caused a migraine. :rolleyes: That was my worst symptom. It was probably one of the most severe migraines I've ever had. I heard that around 50% of the population is likely to get headaches and it can go into a migraine from the vaccines, so it wasn't like I didn't expect it.

There was some stiffness in my arm, a lot of pain on trying to move it or use it to lift things, but I think it may have been less intense pain than the first time around. The injection area hurt less when touched, too. I slept quite a bit the second time and generally felt worn out when awake. There was some stiffness in other muscles (arms and legs) that CBD oil relieved, and a very runny nose, fever, and some strong brain fog. Symptoms lasted about 3-4 days, then I felt pretty great for a day or two, then I felt more like I usually do.

Oliver3

I certainly need much more independent clinical study on how the vaccine reacts with our phenotypes. Like many, j react to everything. I think I had covid anyway, still have lingering effects from that but I think firstly that will grant me some t cell immunity and the chances of getting it her in the UK are tiny right now.
Only fair for us canaries in the coal mine to be cautious. Not N anti vaxxer at all. But wary of a shot when I get really sick from a sausage!

L'engle

moogle
1 week after first moderna shot. The first couple of days my arm hurt quite a bit, but I had pulled the muscle in myupper arm a couple of months ago so there is underlying sensitivity. I got it it the left arm as I need to be able to sleep on my right side a fair bit.

I was tired for three days or so but not way outside the realms of normal. On the fourth day I had a fair bit of energy but again not sure if it was just a good day, as I had been resting for the three days before, or an effect of the shot. Pretty much back to normal since.

My arm's still a bit sore but not constant. I bumped it with a car door the other day so it's more a side effect of clumsiness than anything else at this point. Looks like it will be a couple of months before the second shot, I just don't want to get it on a really hot day as that makes me feel ill already.

I am late to this thread but I got shingles almost immediately after my first shot. My lymph nodes blew up on both sides below my ear and I had shingles down my neck and in my scalp. I also had some on my back. I also noticed some type of herpes sore on my thigh.

I went to the doctor and I got antivirals and it cleared up in a couple weeks. I continued to take the antivirals when I got my second shot to prevent a recurrence. I didn't have much happen after the second shot.

Rufous McKinney

@Booble --did you see this from MEAction?

This is an example of self reported information without statistical validity. People who had worse reactions to the vaccine are more likely to report that. Folks who didn't are more likely to not respond.

The failure to gather real meaningful data......appalling.

the US is not currently tracking break thru cases.......how lame is that?

Rufous McKinney

I am late to this thread but I got shingles almost immediately after my first shot.

This is the new thing I am concerned about. Reactivitating something lurking. Already occurred with my husband, after his J and J.

I went to the doctor and I got antivirals and it cleared up in a couple weeks.

I thought shingles was untreatable...at least that part sounds encouraging......

ljimbo423

I thought shingles was untreatable...at least that part sounds encouraging......

I had shingles a few years ago and stopped them dead in their tracks with high dose Echinacea extract (an immune stimulating herb). They stopped spreading in a day and were mostly gone in a few days.

I guess they are treatable with antivirals too.......

Doctors, for example, may prescribe the medication valaciclovir (Valtrex) when you have shingles to help reduce the duration of your symptoms. Valtrex is an antiviral medication that can help stop the shingles virus from replicating.

The symptoms of shingles can last anywhere between 3 and 5 weeks. Valtrex doesn’t cure shingles, but it helps to keep the virus from multiplying.

https://www.healthline.com/health/how-long-does-shingles-last-with-valtrex#maximizing-benefits