• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Antivirals with no virus titer?

In my eyes, Antiviral treatment is by far the most successful, at least from anecdotal reports.
But all treatment protocols require some evidence of a viral infection.

All I got is a HHV6 Igg ab 1:100. Is it still worth to try some Valcyte?

I would like to try ampligen but sadly it’s currently not available.

Another thing I could try be Tenofovir. There is no way to tell if this works or not isn’t it?

gbells

Improved ME from 2 to 6
I'm positive for HSV6 and have used both valtrex and valcyte. They gave no improvement. According to the literature you don't need them unless you are immunocompromised (low leukocyte count on WBC), normally your own antibodies keep the infection latent.

“The efficacy of aciclovir is increased with early (preferably during the prodromal period) initiation of treatment but, despite significant clinical benefit, viral latency is not eradicated, and pretreatment frequencies of recurrence usually continue after episodic acute treatment is completed.”

(Wagstaff AJ, Faulds D, Goa KL. Aciclovir. A reappraisal of its antiviral activity, pharmacokinetic properties and therapeutic efficacy. Drugs. 1994;47(1):153-205. doi:10.2165/00003495-199447010-00009)

Hip

All I got is a HHV6 Igg ab 1:100. Is it still worth to try some Valcyte?

Have you tested for the full range of viruses linked to ME/CFS, which includes: coxsackievirus B, echovirus, EBV, HHV-6, cytomegalovirus and parvovirus B19?

Another thing I could try be Tenofovir. There is no way to tell if this works or not isn’t it?

Dr Chia finds tenofovir works for almost 1 in 3 ME/CFS patients.

Have you tested for the full range of viruses linked to ME/CFS, which includes: coxsackievirus B, echovirus, EBV, HHV-6, cytomegalovirus and parvovirus B19?

Might as well try it.

Not sure if it's been tried around here, lithium inhibits (I think all) the herpes viruses at the therapeutic dose. It also helps stimulate the growth of new cells (neurons particularly). Also significantly increases amount of WBCs. Just Google links for lithium and nih.gov.

HHV6 was recently shown to be heavily implicated in major depression and bipolar disorder, hence why it is so successful in treating the disease.

Hey @Hip,

yes i followed your Roadmap ( great work btw :)), no other viruses were found.

Regarding Tenofovir, I read that Dr Weir spoke about a similar percentage and that he couldn’t find out who’s a responder and who’s not. Maybe i try it and hope for luck.