• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Antivirals Side Effects and total time?

frozenborderline

Valtrex has some issues with renal toxicity in the renal tubes, hence the commandment that goes with it to drink water, water, water. If you have underlying kidney disease, it can be patently neurotoxic (https://www.amjmed.com/article/S0002-9343(15)00182-5/pdf).

Famvir is somewhat toxic for my liver (elevated enzymes) hence we monitor closely.

If the natural stuff works for you, then that's great. Maybe worth a try if you have not explored that route to your satisfaction.

I think your objections are perfectly reasonable. Far as I'm concerned, you don't have to defend following a gut feeling about what is right for you.
Well I mean, i don't think all "natural treatments" are created equal. I just think that IVIG seems to treat immunodeficiency well. And that emodin seems to have a broad range of protective effects.

I have been declining so rapidly that I'm somewhat obsessed with finding a "magic bullet" in terms of something that will help acutely and somewhat rapidly. we'll see how that goes

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
You can always try avs again later and stopping sometimes can give you an indication if it really was helping in someway etc.

As @BadBadBear has indicated, low IG is an obvious abnormality that id jump at first and treatment may help viral issues. Its quite possible with low IG that you have other bugs going on so wouldnt see improvements from avs until those bugs are treated. Id still keep avs on your list and maybe trial them again later if ivig isnt the entire answer???

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Can you try inosine pranobex (Imunovir)? Eastern European brands are cheaper (Groprinosin, Neosine). It's pretty mild but boosts NK cell function.

You can find it on ebay now.
Screenshot_20180426-184438.png

ebethc

@debored13
I am planning to reduce my AV dose to the minimum I need once I stop having flare ups and relapses. I had hoped I'd be able to reduce my dose over the summer as I don't usually get sick in the summer, but for now I still need the full dose.

I am on 1g, I had hoped to go to 750 mg and then possibly down to 500 mg.

what's the "full dose"? Is 1g the reduced dose or the full dose?

thx

nsdn

Thank you very much @BadBadBear

I have to pay the price of the medicine. I can not take very high doses. I've thought about starting with 250 mg every 8 hours and maybe later going up to 500 mg every 8 hours.

What I do not know is when to go up or how to make that decision. I am from Spain and here NO ONE antiviral guidelines.

Greetings.