• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Antivirals activates leaky gut / food sensitivities

jason30

Hi all,

I have tested some antivirals such as Cat's Claw, Monolaurin and olive leaf extract several times, and each time I get symptoms on the next day after the lunch. Normally I don't get the symptoms on the same food.
So my guess is that my food sensitivities are increased, and I believe somehow my leaky gut is activated.

The antivirals are an important piece of the puzzle for me, and I wonder if someone have tips to deal with this?

Thanks in advance for thinking along.

gbells

Improved ME from 2 to 6
I saw that effect with all strong antioxidants like olive leaf (also Vit E, alpha lipoic acid). The immune stimulants release oxidants to try to kill infected cells and foreign bodies but then the antioxidant blocks the reaction. Eventually the capacity of the T-cells runs out and you have an energy crash. It's a bad therapy and waste of money.

However, using the immune stimulants alone doesn't work either because the virally infected cells are resistant to apoptosis.