• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Antiviral herbs that are not vasodilators

lenora

Yes, lysine was a great help (& I was taking large amounts, but it can cause insomnia) when I had shingles and didn't want to keep having repeat outbreaks. Just before the antivirals came out.

My husband has found it extremely helpful for his cold sores, far more than prescription drugs. He just falls down in taking it between outbreaks. Yours, Lenora.

lenora

Just be careful if you using licorice root. It can interfere with BP in a bad way. Just for your knowledge. I wish you well. Yours, Lenora.

YippeeKi YOW !!

So far I have liquorice and peppermint on my list of herbs.
Licorice can raise your blood pressure, and is most effective when used as a potentiator for other herbs in a blend. Do use it with caution and be alert to its possible side effect re BP ... it's a much more powerful and beneficial herb than most people give it credit for, usually dismissing it as a flavoring for candy. Not on this site, natch, but out there in the RW ...

Living Dead

Half the point is to normalize (that means raise) blood pressure.

Note that liquorice root powder is less powerful than liquorice powder (which is what I use). Liquorice powder is an extract from the root.