• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Antibiotics May Influence Brain Development

YippeeKi YOW !!

Antibiotics May Influence Brain Development
https://www.the-scientist.com/sponsored-article/antibiotics-may-influence-brain-development-69594

“In the US, most children have received about three courses of antibiotic treatment by the time they turn 2 years old. In research published earlier this year with colleagues at the Mayo Clinic, Blaser showed that kids exposed to antibiotics have higher rates of asthma, obesity, type I diabetes, and celiac disease, among other chronic conditions.”

The study also showed that “Low doses of continuous penicillin exposure altered mouse pups’ microbiomes and gene expression in brain areas associated with emotional and cognitive function."

The implications are far-reaching and more than a little alarming

EDIT .... for missing quotation mark, to shut up the quiet little nagging OCD voice in my head. Miserable little bastard. Should charge it rent ....

Last edited: