• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Andrographis used to treat Covid in Thailand

godlovesatrier

Last edited:

Celandine

I take andrographis capsules whenever I feel the slightest cold/sore throat etc. coming on and 90% of the time I can knock the infection out before it gets a hold. I generally take it alongside sambucocl (elderberry concentrate+ vit c+ zinc). I'm amazed more people aren't aware of andrographis as it 's useful inso many circumstances. Southampton Uni were doing a study on using it in the NHS to reduce the length of upper respiratory infections. Not sure what their results were or if the trial is ongoing.

Celandine

Like you, I take a pretty small dose. I use the Pukka capsules which are pure andrographis, not an extract, and I take one in the morning and one before bed if I'm feeling about to come down with something.

Celandine

Hmmm, just looking at the sky news piece. Andrographis was used "in people with asymptomatic or mild coronavirus infections" so it really isn't a big surprise that 99% survived. Don't think asymptomatic or mild cases tend to end in death...otherwise they wouldn't be called mild! Unless they mean that it was given in the very early stages of the disease, which the article kind of implies. Study seems a bit muddled or the article isn't getting the whole story. They were also taking 15 capsules a day!

godlovesatrier

Yes it does normally knock it out. Although I find you have to take it at immediate onset or you can certainly shorten duration.

I've taken it with full blown tonsillitis and it does work.

Also Pukka is extract - if you check the box you'll see it says as much. Pure andrographis gives me a mild allergic reaction very similair to my penicillin reaction I'm confident they are not the same. They do look alike though!

Celandine

The Pukka andrographis ingredients are:
Ingredients
Organic Andrographis leaf, Vegetable cellulose capsule (hydroxypropylmethyl cellulose).

That seems like pure leaf to me, not extract