• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

And Now, For Something Completely Different ... Binaural Beats Anyone?

YippeeKi YOW !!

I’d never heard of binaural beats before stumbling across this article, but in the world that we all live in, of constantly groping towards something, anything, that’ll help, no stone goes unturned.

Here’s a quote from the article:

“When Trimberger first learned about binaural beats, she says she began
searching and found a free recording online. Thinking “it couldn’t hurt,”
she listened and found the experience was better than she expected. After
just 10 minutes, she became relaxed enough to better tolerate her pain.

“Encouraged, she listened again, night after night. A month of binaural beats later, Trimberger says she noticed something miraculous. “I was happier,
better rested, and not in pain,” she says. “Binaural beats are one of
the best things to happen to me. ”

And ....

“ …. a Montreal study of 15 “mildly anxious” volunteers found a significant
reduction in their anxiety when they listened to binaural beats at least 5 times each week for a month. During a European study, 15 young elite soccer players
were asked to listen to binaural beats during their sleep for 8 weeks. They swear they slept better. And when researchers in Richmond, Virginia, requested
36 adults with chronic pain to listen to two recordings of binaural beats for 20 minutes each day for 2 weeks, 77 percent felt their pain lessened.”

Worth checking out? Well, I guess that depends on how much the check is for ….

YippeeKi YOW !!

Listen to binaural beats for free on youtube.
Thank you for posting !!!

Unfortunately, while it's a great tip, I cant use it because of the totally flucked sound on my laptop .... like someone's repeatedly shuffling a deck of thin metal cards, but I know a lot of others here will benefit from it ...

I think that isochronic beats are monaural rather than binaural, and combine two two tones into one before reaching the ear, but Ive been wrong before and expect to be again. Maybe not now, maybe not tomorrow, but inevitably, sometime soon .....

LINE

Been listening to binaural beats for a long time - many of them work like anti-anxiety meds but you must find the right one. Headphones are a must. Solfeggio frequencies are also very helpful as well as the isochronic tones as perchance mentioned.

Someone posted a thread on this topic about 2/3 months ago.

ljimbo423

This looks interesting. All of these various frequencies are on YouTube videos-
1655592587665.png

https://www.thirteenthieves.co/blog/your-brain-on-binaural-beats

YippeeKi YOW !!

@Hufsamor, @ljimbo423
Been listening to binaural beats for a long time - many of them work like anti-anxiety meds but you must find the right one.
And yet you never posted about them for the other members here. Well, until just now.

Every little bit helps with this crappy little constantly draining taproot of an illness, which is why I took the extremely limited and fragile energy I have today and used more of it than I should have to post this. Because someone might find it helpful, it might give someone hope, it might help turn things around for at least one person, and possibly ore than one.
Headphones are a must
Possibly not with isochronic tones, as I mentioned in my post, above.
Solfeggio frequencies are also very helpful as well as the isochronic tones as perchance mentioned.
Isochronic tones are monaural, with the two chosen frequencies blended before they reach your ears. Which is why it would seem that perhaps headphones might not be essential with that form, which could make this more available to members who can't tolerate the weight and/or pressure of even light headphones.
Someone posted a thread on this topic about 2/3 months ago.
The most recent thread I could find about this topic was over two years ago, posted by @ Mary in Mar of 2020. Before that, there was another thread, posted by @RU72 in 2019, and a first thread posted by @Mr Cat in 2014.

Last edited:

Rufous McKinney

Which is why it would seem that perhaps headphones might not be essential with that form, which could make this more available to members who can't tolerate the weight and/or pressure of even light headphones.

the actual tone is very different with headphones....in my opinion....

(and making me feel woozy at the moment)

YippeeKi YOW !!

I don't know: it was a video labeled Binaural....40hz

I could not listen for very long, may try some other time. hurt my brain.
You were listening to the binaural tones, which DO require headphones.

You were also being subjected to 40 Hz, which promote GAMMA waves, intended to create self control, peak awareness, feelings of 'Eureka' .... not the most relaxing. You'd possibly do better with THETA waves, 4 - 7 Hz, which purportedly create inner peace, REM sleep, meditative states ...

Booble

I think by definition you'd need headphones because the purpose is to put one sound in one ear and a different sound in the other ear.

LINE

And yet you never posted about them for the other members here. Well, until just now.

Every little bit helps with this crappy little constantly draining taproot of an illness, which is why I took the extremely limited and fragile energy I have today and used more of it than I should have to post this. Because someone might find it helpful, it might give someone hope, it might help turn things around for at least one person, and possibly ore than one.

Sound Healing Adventures | Phoenix Rising ME/CFS Forums

Rufous McKinney

I think by definition you'd need headphones because the purpose is to put one sound in one ear and a different sound in the other ear.

I enjoy the sound healing.....across the street, they actually do Sound Healing (in theory, its a University for that)

On You Tube, you can hear sound healing through the You Tube speakers: but is that the same as lying in front of Tibetan bowls and chimes and glass making actual sounds which move through your physical body?

Booble

I enjoy the sound healing.....across the street, they actually do Sound Healing (in theory, its a University for that)

On You Tube, you can hear sound healing through the You Tube speakers: but is that the same as lying in front of Tibetan bowls and chimes and glass making actual sounds which move through your physical body?

Yes, lots of was sounds can heal for sure.