• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

An essay about consumerism and spirituality : Suburban Bardos

frozenborderline

I wrote this before I was really far into me/cfs but it deals with emptiness , issues with faith, and depression that are relevant to many people's lives.

I am proud of the writing, and think the photography is excellent... I know I should be humble, but I'm humble when it is accurate, like I know my brain fog prevents me from currently being a good artist or writer. But in the past I genuinely did some great work.

And the photography really fits it in particular.

https://atomicchesterton.blogspot.com/2022/01/suburban-bardos.html?m=1

@sb4 you might like this

frozenborderline

Also what outlets besides our own blogs can we publish art specific for ME/CFS peolle or people with chronic illness? Omf rejected a poem I wrote for supposedly being too dark, it made me very sad and made me think I cant really connect with people in the me/cfs community. Bc this particular poem wasnt very dark at all, no suicide mention or anything. It's not about personal pride, I've had my art criticized by classmates and peers alike for goodreasons, but the omf didnt have good reasons. ,The omf I think just wants saccharine art like pretty pictures of a field with some snow and a quote saying "don't give up". Their policing of tone in art kind of upsets me. but you can judge for yourself ,I'll post the poem. I'm not even saying it's amazing, but they were punishing huge amounts of stuff from patients, withbvarying qualities, and they didnt have criticism of the form or anything real, they just said it was too dark... a) it wasnt and b) ME/CFS is a dark experience. We need good expressions of that for the public to understand

frozenborderline

Thank you. I'm sure it could use some work, maybe on the enjambment, but I really think the reason I was rejected wasnt bc it was terrible but bc the OMF wants only like landscape paintings or things that have no aspect of darkness, at least that's what I get from them telling me the reasons they rejected it