• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Amy Docker Marcus

usedtobeperkytina

yes, I would think it is rare to see a doctor so dedicated to his patients to the point of sacrificing so much.

I still say any "based on true life" movie about CFS should focus on him. With all the other players weaving in and out of his story, supporting actors, so to speak. And focusing on him would be good because you can tell the whole American CFS story through his life because he was in it the whole time, from beginning (so to speak) to what we hope is the beginning of the end.

Tina

Michelle

Decennial ME/CFS patient
I still say any "based on true life" movie about CFS should focus on him [Dr. Peterson]. With all the other players weaving in and out of his story,
Tina

Sorta like how "And the Band Played On" focused on the "good" doctor at the CDC who kept a record of the "the Butcher's Bill" throughout. Except in our case, the CDC will be the bad guys.

yes, I would think it is rare to see a doctor so dedicated to his patients to the point of sacrificing so much.

I still say any "based on true life" movie about CFS should focus on him. With all the other players weaving in and out of his story, supporting actors, so to speak. And focusing on him would be good because you can tell the whole American CFS story through his life because he was in it the whole time, from beginning (so to speak) to what we hope is the beginning of the end.

Tina

I'm sure that movie will win a lot of oscars in a couple of years! With a tearjerking speech by Dr. Peterson at Oscar-night. Come to think of it: why don't we organise our own awardshow?

And the Phoenix for best researcher in a leading role goes to: Judy Mikovits!
And the Phoenix for best advocate in a supporting role goes to: Hillary Johnson!
And the Phoenix for best website goes to: Phoenix Rising ;-)
So many categories! Best breakthrough research, best clinician, lifetime achievement award, etc. Too bad it takes a lot of energy to organise these things.

usedtobeperkytina

And the Phoenix for most likable researcher is Nancy Klimas.

The Phoenix for the most cautious researcher is Anthony Komaroff.

I had thought, at one time, of doing a Website for the CFS "good guys" and "bad guys".

Great idea, but I had to put it in the same place as all the other great ideas I have had that I can't do.

Tina