• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

AMMES fundraiser - Helping those with ME/CFS most in need

Mary

Moderator Resource
Thanks to Cort for bringing this to our attention:
The AMMES (American Myalgic Encephalomyelitis and
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Society) fundraiser just seems different.

Many great opportunities to give exist in the ME/CFS universe .AMMES is the only one that’s dedicated, though, to helping people with ME/CFS who are living on the edge: people in substandard living conditions, people unable to get basic care, even people in need of food – people in danger of falling through the cracks. As the holidays approach it’s a particularly brutal time to be alone, hungry, cold, unsafe or unable to get medical help.
https://www.healthrising.org/blog/2019/11/19/aames-helping-chronic-fatigue-most-in-need/

And, you can donate here:
https://charity.gofundme.com/o/en/campaign/whywecare

jesse's mom

@Mary Thank you very much for posting this. Going into the cold weather season, much less the holidays the most desperate of us could actually starve, or freeze. One woman's story touched me deeply

Kristy’s Story

AMMES is helping those society has largely abandoned.
“Kristy” is one of the applicants to the AMMES financial crisis fund. She is severely ill, and lives alone. Her father threw her out of the house when she got pregnant and her boyfriend abandoned her. Kristy had the baby, but was too ill to care for it, so she was forced to give up her child for adoption. She keeps trying, unsuccessfully, to make her family understand how sick she is.

“They just don’t believe me,” she told me in a recent conversation. “They say ‘Why don’t you get up and find a job? You’re just lazy.’” Kristy is so weak she can barely brush her hair. It takes her days to recover from going to the corner to buy food. AMMES has sent her money for food, but she has still lost fifteen pounds, and she was thin to begin with.

“I’m scared,” she says. “I don’t think I will survive.”​

Those of us who are lucky enough to have abundance in our lives, this is in my opinion a worthy charity to donate to this holiday season.

@YippeeKi YOW !! @andyguitar @Hufsamor @pattismith trying to give a shout out all over the globe!