• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Amantadine for long covid/post covid illness/crash

GlassCannonLife

From what I've read, if I recall correctly, ivermectin is being recommended as a post covid treatment because of antiviral properties (and covid becoming resident in the gut). I'm not sure if either of these things have been proven, so please let me know if yes/no.

I have amantadine on hand, which I took during covid and has been shown to inhibit covid replication. Has anyone tried it as a long covid/PASC treatment? I might give it a go but I thought it'd be best to check if anyone has already tried it. Its efficacy would depend on whether there actually is still covid replication occurring or not.

@elvira this might interest you also if people respond 👍

SlamDancin

A while ago I tried amantadine with no real luck but recently I’ve been taking the dopaminergic Bromantane, which is amantadine’s, “big Brother” with great success for treating me/CFS

GlassCannonLife

A while ago I tried amantadine with no real luck but recently I’ve been taking the dopaminergic Bromantane, which is amantadine’s, “big Brother” with great success for treating me/CFS

Ah cool that's interesting. What is your dosage? Is it a prescription only drug?

SlamDancin

It’s not FDA approved but it’s very unique and legit. I can give you some sourcing information if you’d like. I use a nasal spray formulation

GlassCannonLife

“As such, bromantane has few to no side effects (including peripheral sympathomimetic effects and hyperstimulation), does not seem to produce tolerance or dependence, does not show withdrawal symptoms upon discontinuation, and displays an absence of addiction potential, all of which are quite contrary to typical psychostimulants.”

This has been my experience

A few questions if you don't mind 😁

How much has it helped your ME? What was/is your level of function? Did it help all symptoms or just some? How long have you been taking it and at what dosage(s)? Do you plan on cycling on and off?