• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Alternative Treatments for Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome By Mari Skelly, Helen Walker

pattismith

Alternative Treatments for Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
By Mari Skelly, Helen Walker

1562274369083.png

pattismith

" the exercices include cervical traction"

So far cervical traction is one of the more powerful remedy I found for my syndrome.

I don't have OI, and probably not any brainstem implication in my illness, but mostly cervical spine involvement.
I tried inversion table but got strong nausea. I also felt uncomfortable with the jaw position (projected backward by gravity).

So I moved back to the technic I used to relax my neck muscle. It does a great job to do a correct cervical traction with a weight force of about 6 kg (the weight of the head), which means not far from 10% of body weight.
10% traction was found to be the best weight to relieve pain and improve mobility in spondylosis patients in this modest study:

https://www.researchgate.net/public...al_traction_weights_on_neck_pain_and_mobility

Last edited by a moderator: