• Phoenix Rising needs funds to operate: please consider donating to support PR

Alpha-MSH protein, a potential biomarker for CFS - Japan

perrier

Senior Member
Messages
993
Likes
2,046
Very cool, you've given me a lot to read up on! Did you only use the spray once? The problem with Marcons is that they are covered in biofilm. Is this true for MRSA as well?



I don't know actually, I haven't retested. But I did feel that the BEG Spray helped clear my sinuses quite a bit. I am also hoping that by raising MSH, that should help the body naturally get rid of the Marcons.
Thank you. May I inquire: were you diagnosed with CFS?
 
Messages
39
Likes
13
Chlorine dioxide is a good mold killer too, so a chlorine dioxide nasal spray might also be effective for treating the chronic mold infections that Dr Brewer thinks ME/CFS patients have in their nasal cavities (Dr Brewer usually prescribes a nasal spray based on the antifungal amphotericin B for destroying nasal mold infections).
Do you think spraying Chlorine Dioxide all over a new apartment/house/living space would help bring mold levels down? I read this study saying it could potentially kill almost every time of mycotoxin:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1214660/

It's a very interesting substance. Lots of people recommend bleach, but bleach has been proven to actually not kill mycotoxins but just make the problem worse.

Chlorine Dioxide also seems to penetrate porous materials. So spraying it on your couch, mattress etc could possibly clean them from mold and mycotoxins. It would be very interesting if this actually worked, as there are no other known substances that will do this from my knowledge.
 

Hip

Senior Member
Messages
13,906
Likes
26,905
Do you think spraying Chlorine Dioxide all over a new apartment/house/living space would help bring mold levels down? I read this study saying it could potentially kill almost every time of mycotoxin:
I came across this video in which chlorine dioxide gas is pumped into a building to kill the mold (chlorine dioxide is a gas at room temperature, but also readily dissolves in water to make a chlorine dioxide solution).

I am not sure how chlorine dioxide gas would compare to ozone gas, which I understand is also used to kill mold (obviously in both cases while there is nobody in the building).

The advantage of gas is that it can permeate into all the nooks and crannies of the building.

I guess a concentrated solution of chlorine dioxide in water would also work to kill mold, but this will bleach any fabric or carpet just like ordinary household bleach (sodium hypochlorite solution) will do. I am not sure if chlorine dioxide solution would be any better than household bleach at killing mold though.

The Staphylococcus paper I mentioned earlier found that chlorine dioxide solution is better than sodium hypochlorite solution (household bleach) at killing Staphylococcus; but that's for Staphylococcus, and mold is a different thing.


In any case, I would not use a spray to apply either chlorine dioxide solution or household bleach to areas of mold, because a recent study found a link between the use of disinfectants and lung disease. It would I think be safer to apply the bleach using a sponge, so that you don't breathe in the bleach.