• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Allodynia/pain to light touch: how to cope? :(

Tella

If u have it, how do u cope, especially in regards to your loved ones? When they want to hug u or u wantt to do it but any light touch is just PAIN? :(

southwestforests

Beyond regularly encouraging them to absorb and remember something so totally counter-intuitive and directly opposite and contradictory of their personal experiences I don't know, I just don't know.

Then try to get through your cat's head that his lightly brushing your arm with his tail HURTS!
Trying to even transmit the concept is even happening is a huge challenge, where are those Star Trek universal translators??????????

southwestforests

There was one person where it got to the point I had to actually yell in their face before it sunk in that this is actually a problem.
Sadly it was my then wife.

A large part of it seemed to be an attitude of "I'm a woman therefore I was born multitasking!" and very little ever really got 100% of her attention.

Dear @Tella, I am not a doctor but it seems a neuropathy or the result of severe inflammation. I have this sensation as urethrodynia, for example. I suggest you to ask your neurologist (if you have one), because there are specific therapies for this.
Repeating: this is my experience, I am not a doctor.