• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Alcohol Reduces Inflammation

Rufous McKinney

If you are dealing with adrenal insuficiency it can help give you a little relief at a cost.

at a cost....for me it would be calories I don't need and sugar I should not be consuming. I could probably tolerate a bit of the alcohol itself, occasionally, but then eventually it also increases IBS issues.

I quit alcohol at 22. That was so disappointing. I thought "grown up now" included having exotic alcohol bottles and sparkling crystal glasses.

I am currently evaluating the adrenal cost of having one cup of coffee (managed to not have any for 2.5 months)

CSMLSM

How fascinating!

Out and about, I tend to not enjoy out. I was once forced to consume a large dark beer, gratis, as I waited for a new motel room not located next to the elevator engine and ongoing sound/ vibrations of ver 30 decibels, emanating from inside the wall.

I don't want this beer. I sat at the bar and sipped on it anyway and by the time I had mostly drank this large beer, I was Happy as Could Be. I was chill. Relaxed, happy, This is GREAT. WOW

My body loves Hops.

But mostly I don't drink now, because of blood sugar management issues and heading off Type 2.
Hops are related to cannabis also having trichomes I believe but only one cannabinoid caryophyllene
Terpene biosynthesis in glandular trichomes of hop - PubMed (nih.gov)
Abstract
Hop (Humulus lupulus L. Cannabaceae) is an economically important crop for the brewing industry, where it is used to impart flavor and aroma to beer, and has also drawn attention in recent years due to its potential pharmaceutical applications. Essential oils (mono- and sesquiterpenes), bitter acids (prenylated polyketides), and prenylflavonoids are the primary phytochemical components that account for these traits, and all accumulate at high concentrations in glandular trichomes of hop cones. To understand the molecular basis for terpene accumulation in hop trichomes, a trichome cDNA library was constructed and 9,816 cleansed expressed sequence tag (EST) sequences were obtained from random sequencing of 16,152 cDNA clones. The ESTs were assembled into 3,619 unigenes (1,101 contigs and 2,518 singletons). Putative functions were assigned to the unigenes based on their homology to annotated sequences in the GenBank database. Two mono- and two sesquiterpene synthases identified from the EST collection were expressed in Escherichia coli. Hop MONOTERPENE SYNTHASE2 formed the linear monterpene myrcene from geranyl pyrophosphate, whereas hop SESQUITERPENE SYNTHASE1 (HlSTS1) formed both caryophyllene and humulene from farnesyl pyrophosphate. Together, these enzymes account for the production of the major terpene constituents of the hop trichomes. HlSTS2 formed the minor sesquiterpene constituent germacrene A, which was converted to beta-elemene on chromatography at elevated temperature. We discuss potential functions for other genes expressed at high levels in developing hop trichomes.

Humulene was once known as alpha-caryophyllene. This is why caryophyllene can be called beta-caryophyllene when looking it up.