• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Advocacy Action: Urge your Representative and Senators to Support Improved Coverage of Clinical Trials!

Emily Taylor

mMqtPw13UuHYYZJgze28619KilGOTOFXM8RKeTMwRxm_NgP2wk8KlkUI7raOT2GZ6G3JSeyWtEFmCKISj-40DZAfE8qP_Pq1C9TInTzYp9bExNwhUXxlmLyUC_nE73c=s0-d-e1-ft

Advocacy Action: Urge your Representative and Senators to Support Improved Coverage of Clinical Trials!

The CLINICAL TREATMENT Act (H.R. 913) was introduced by Representatives Ben Ray Lujan (D-NM-03) and Gus Bilirakis (R-FL-12) to guarantee insurance coverage of routine care costs for clinical trials. This bill targets Medicaid enrollees with a life-threatening condition or disability. Currently, Medicaid is the only insurance payer which does not provide this coverage for clinical trials.

Medicaid insures nearly one-fifth of the U.S. population and is the only major payer that is not required by federal law to provide coverage of the routine care costs for participating in a clinical trial. Improved access and coverage of clinical trial participation benefits ME/CFS patients and helps reduce the overall cost of clinical trials. This is vital for under-funded diseases, like ME/CFS, which struggles to secure funds for clinical trial research.

The Clinical Treatment Act (H.R. 913) is one step towards improving the representation of ME/CFS patients in clinical trials and reducing the cost of ME/CFS clinical trials in the future.

Congressman Bilirakis, who spoke at ME/CFS Advocacy Day in 2018, is an outspoken advocate for improving research and access for people with chronic illness.

dObhOgfUohgFjrdx8mm4m95SeMDfuL0A0CXIfv9STPeXa6Q1JDvgC64nFTg6fSdmnlsUz20TaNWrDTibSWigq9FcqdmOb6yYmvb2oj6-gvapvePFzOVDhH0tLbB5QQWDASJba9s=s0-d-e1-ft
“All patients should have access to the best possible treatment for their condition, and that includes participation in clinical trials. This legislation removes a barrier that exists for some of our most vulnerable populations, our children and very low-income Americans. By eliminating that barrier, we are leveling the playing field and allowing access to the hope for a cure.” – Rep. Gus Bilirakis (R-FL-12)

https://solvecfs.secure.force.com/actions/kwac__takeaction?actionId=AR00064