• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Advice re: starting drug (Ivabradine) v low and slow

Kes

Just wondering how you guys who are incredibly sensitive approach this. This drug is supposed to be taken twice per day. I couldn't handle 2.5mg dose so doctor has recommended trying me on tiny granule. I was thinking of taking this for 3 days and then if tolerated adding in a second granule later in the day for 3 days then moving to 2 granules in the morning and 1 in the late afternoon for 3 days and so on. Does 3 days sound like a sensible amount of time to increase dose at this very low dose?

Also how do you manage to regulate the dose when dealing with such tiny amounts? Do you use v small scales to weigh the tablet or just go by eye or take photo of what you're taking?

Kes

Sorry didn't mean to post this under news. Just not firing on all cylinders. Don't know how to change it...