• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Advice on Ciprofloxacin

YippeeKi YOW !!

no one should think that the potential side effects of Cipro, or any drug, are inevitable.
No, they're not.

But in the case of Cipro, they're frequent enough, and serious enough, for the FDA, not exactly a bastion of transparency or unsolicited bad news on drugs et al, to have issued repeated and increasingly pointed warnings, starting about a decade ago, about Cipro ....

Martin aka paused||M.E.

Unfortunately, @Martin aka paused||M.E. wasn't the only one. The history of wreckage that the floxacins have left in their wake is terrifying, at least in terms of deciding whether or not to use it for a stubborn, resistant infection.
True. There are SO many after a shoutout of Fereshteh (Ron's team in Stanford) and me who have written to her who have developed ME after taking cipro that we will talk about a research project on it. What is missing is of course the money? But she said she got many many mails.

YippeeKi YOW !!

There are SO many after a shoutout of Fereshteh (Ron's team in Stanford) and me who have written to her who have developed ME after taking cipro that we will talk about a research project on it.
Stellar !!! I hope that pans out and that money can be found to push this along. I think it could yield some interesting and potentially really revelatory information on ME generally, not just the connection between Cipro and ME ....

What a great idea :woot::woot::woot: :thumbsup::thumbsup: :hug::hug:
!!!!

yeah i'm not responding to other antibiotics (amoxicilin, bactrim, tinidiazole..) :(

dunno what to do at this point, thanks for your opinion tho !

Have you tried rifaximin+tinidazole/metronidazole or rifaximin+neomycin ? These are the studied combinations. They are also studying adding bismuth for hydrogen sulfide producing bacteria and NAC for biofilms. Most results are anecdotal but I think we need to move in the direction of combination formulas instead of trying random antibiotics?