Adrenal Crisis?

Paralee

I'm low cortisol, but I've been getting worse. This evening I started feeling really bad.

I've gotten worse, thrown up once, feeling like it will come on again (getting nauseous) feel dizzy. I've taken some HC and using cortisone cream but it's coming back.

Judee

I took this from Medlineplus.gov:

Treatment
In adrenal crisis, you need to be given the drug hydrocortisone right away through a vein (intravenous) or muscle (intramuscular). You may receive intravenous fluids if you have low blood pressure.
You will need to go to the hospital for treatment and monitoring. If infection or another medical problem caused the crisis, you may need additional treatment.

The website goes on to say this can be life threatening. I'm just really concerned for you. Please take care.

Crux

I take Salt Tablets along with HC when a crisis is coming. I start with 2-3 grams with a small glass of water. I've taken as much as 6 gms.

Paralee

nanonug, no I have not been diagnosed, which I guess is a good thing. When I went to the ER my cortisol was 40, but I know (I think) it was low initially, what other things have those symptoms. My morning cortisols are less than 6, sometimes I feel bad from about 9 am or so until maybe about 4 pm. I can feel myself going down, and same back up.
But I've been given two ACTH stim tests and passed both of them. I guess it's time to look elsewhere.
Thanks for all the postings to everyone on this thread. I'm bumfuzzled.