• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Acupuncture for Detox

Lisa

Thank goodness I've already declared myself as a Goofball. Now I don't have to feel so silly about standing up the first tries of dry brushing. :p

Something odd happened last night and at about 1 a.m. I suddenly had a bunch of energy and actually almost felt good. Wouldn't have even known it was possible if it wasn't for a pinched nerve in my neck not letting me sleep. Sat up to try and stretch it out, then had to do a little arm/shoulder exercises to tire the muscles to finally get a vertebrae in. Afterwords I felt excellent! Did a bit more exercise to hit the leg and abs areas, I felt that good!

So then had some more energy still and felt like a shower would be wonderful - at 1:30 in the morning. lol So I tried dry brushing once more last night just before I had a shower. Sat down and had Jeremy help out. Works much better sitting down and having a helping hand! lol

I'm tired today from being awake late and doing the exercise, but I actually feel a lot less fried. yay! I'm not questioning why I feel a bit better today, just really happy to have it happen and hoping to keep at least that fried feeling from coming back.

Oh! (space case today) I have been trying an acupressure point for sinuses and after a couple days I am noticing a lot less swelling in my nasal passages. Nothing else has changed that would account for such a rapid reduction in swelling. I used up too much energy last night with the crazy middle of the night exercise, but in a day or two I want to start digesting more acupressure info and start hitting some other sites. :) Thanks for the idea Jody!

Still will be looking into breathing stuff when able. Focusing on not pushing too hard and letting myself take things easier. Breathing exercises sound much more doable if my sinuses keep at least this good. So nice to be able to breathe.

Lisa :)

Jody

Lisa,

Don't give in so easily. I usually dry-brush standing up.

I don't feel like I'm going to fall down, however. :rolleyes:

EFT, acupressure, and dry lymph brushing. Wonderful. I am so glad that these things appear to be making a difference. The reason we doubt it so, in spite of the evidence before us is because it is so subtle, and also because mainstream media has done a number on us ALL.

These things are free, available, and non-toxic. You don't have to leave your haven to go someplace where you could get really stricken. And you don't have to exhaust your teensy energy on such a trip. I hope these things can take you somewhere good. :)

And rest, rest, Rest! :)

JanisB

charcoal

Don't worry about detox from charcoal. It works differently. It doesn't push the cells to release toxins the way certain homeopathics and herbal supplements do. Rather, it grabs the toxins in the gastro-intestinal system and pulls them out through the stool. So it actually takes a load off the detoxification systems of liver and skin.

The only complication for some people is constipation. This can be dealt with through enemas or taking extra magnesium citrate.

Some people advise not to take charcoal too often and too much because it can pull out nutrients. I don't know what 'too much' is. I'm cautious now, but in the late 1990's when I was much more toxic, I went to a practitioner who did some energetic sound healing and then had me take 1 teaspoon of activated charcoal 2x a day for nearly a year. I felt so much better, and every time I tried to stop I'd get pimples and a feeling of heaviness inside. I really made quite a lot of progress on regular high doses of charcoal.

Janis

Lisa

Hi Janis!

Funny that you should post that yesterday. Just minutes before finding the post I had been thinking that I might try some. I'm having a heck of a time working it into my supplement schedule. Its like psyillium and needs to be 2hours from other supps, right?

Lisa

Hi Janis!

I wanted to update this because I have been taking some activated charcoal in the middle of the night the last few days. I tend to get up at least once a night and had been HUGELY toxic at these times. Last night was completely intolerable and I was very lucky to have been able to fall quickly back to sleep. But the charcoal seems to do the job while I sleep because in the morning I wake up and feel enormously better. From past experiences, this wouldn't usually be the case. I'd have to slowly detox back down all day long instead.

So, taking it middle of every night so I don't have to worry about my supplements. Going to also try something new starting today. We will be rearranging one meal's supplements so that we free up the midday time slot for some more charcoal.

Question - does anyone know if charcoal and psyllium taken together nullify each other? I might end up using the midday supplement break for psyllium instead if it does.

Thanks for the suggestion of charcoal when you made it! Helped give me that extra little push to actually just do it and I'm feeling better for it now. :D

Sunday

I'd known about activated charcoal for digestion problems but had never considered it for detox in this department. Thanks for the suggestion and the info.

Lisa

Hi Sunday! :)

I've actually been taking the activated charcoal twice a day since that first post, so just over two full months now. It along with some bentonite clay twice a day has been making a noticeable difference in my toxicity level.

They are very slow and subtle, but I can tell when I've forgotten to use them. I have been making sure to take them at least four hours before or after any other supplements and have not noticed any difference in supplement quality. My guess is that because there are meals between my main supplements and the charcoal/clay, that it helps provide a bit of a buffer to prevent problems with my vitamins absorbed.

Might check the ingredients on any charcoal you are thinking of using for detox, I have seen some brands with a lot of fillers mixed with it and my suspicion is the charcoal will absorb the fillers before anything in your gut. I could certainly be wrong, but it does make a bit of sense.

I still get up once in the middle of the night, often times just to take the clay and charcoal so it is well away from everything else. It is tiring and even more so the nights I can not fall back to sleep quickly, but even then I am finding the benefits worth the trouble.

Have a beautiful day,