• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Acetyl L- Glutathione, ATP, Baking Soda, Sam-e & Catalase = No PEM after exercise

Artemisia

I think it depends. I didn't used to be able to do fermented things. I still can't do anything with vinegar or products with added lactic acid, but natural ferments I seem okay with.

After several long cycles of antibiotics, some of my sensitivities improved. For years, sauerkraut would cause my nose to plug up within 5-10 minutes after eating some.

Now it doesn't have that effect on me at all. Actually after trying some Neem or Kudzu (can't remember which one caused the problem) this summer past, I had a severe bout of gastritis.

Sheep yogurt and natural ferment sauerkraut were the only things that cleared it up. I would have never believed my sensitivities would improve but they did after the antibiotics; not for everything but for some.

??
what antibiotics were you on?

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
Really whatever did well on this SURVEY and whatever I had available like doxy and minocycline. Some of them I didn't have access to so couldn't try and some of them I was able to get and try but got no improvement on.

I think it varies for each person what will work and unfortunately my ME didn't improve all that much. My moods did though and as I mentioned, some sensitivities.

I'm trying the herbals now that Dr Marty Ross recommends for Lyme. I may still rotate back on the antibiotics when I get a prescription for one.

Finding a doctor that works with ME or even Lyme is not always the easiest thing to do.

Edit: I won't do Fluoroquinolones though. Nope. I stay far away from those.

Last edited:

Nanni

I’ve been experimenting with my diet and I think I know which food has been doing me in, coconut yogurt. I used to eat a lot of it. I have Gastro paresis so I was eating a lot of goat yogurt. I tried to limit possible issues from dairy by cutting it with coconut yogurt. Sounds healthy right? But no. Of course by trying to make a food into something it’s not caused problems. They have to add a bacterial base to make coconut into yogurt. Apparently they are not friendly bacteria for the histamine intolerant and especially if MCAS is part of the picture. I’ve stopped eating high histamine foods and I’m taking Claratin and Zantac My gut is much improved and my all over pain, especially after yesterday’s sauna. I’m really not good with long trials cutting out foods. There are so few I can eat already but I think fodmap and low histamine diet to get back in balance is worth it, except I just can’t let go of goat yogurt. I’m definitely addicted but hey, I’ve had to give up chocolate. Insert screaming emoji face.