• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Accessing Umbrellux DAO in Australia (or NZ)?

lafarfelue

If you are in Australia (or NZ) and are using Umbrellux DAO, would you please let me know how you access it? Whether you buy it online or get it via a functional medicine professional or naturopath? Post here or do feel free to PM me if you are concerned about privacy.

The company website doesn't mention international shipping (seems there are strict laws around DAO in different countries?) and I am yet to contact them asking about whether they can ship to Australia. A quick Google search doesn't turn any options for shipping to Australia except for some health guy (who probably would want to assess people before sending them the product.. $$$).

Any leads are appreciated!

lafarfelue

Thanks @Judee .

I’m wary of eBay sellers for supplements and pharmaceuticals (especially semi-controlled substances like DAO) but will check a few out to see if I can vet them properly. Beggars can’t be choosers. :meh:

(As for Amazon, I’ve found it to be fairly useless in Australia so far. Even if a business ships here, the costs are absolutely out of control for some things!:moneybag::ill:)

Seven7

Seven
My experience w DAO= it only takes care of the ingested food. I ate sourkrout and it reduced some of the burning on my back. That was it, for 60$ US a month after I finish this bottle, I don’t think I will keep going w it. I think is a good transition while a increase fermented food to get my gut going.

lafarfelue

My experience w DAO= it only takes care of the ingested food. I ate sourkrout and it reduced some of the burning on my back. That was it, for 60$ US a month after I finish this bottle, I don’t think I will keep going w it. I think is a good transition while a increase fermented food to get my gut going.

That’s my understanding of it, that it only helps if ingested within 15min of eating. Sorry that you don’t feel it worth your while to continue, though it’s great if/that it helps with your transition to fermented foods! :thumbsup: Thanks for sharing your experience with it.

For me it’s part of self-testing for MCAD, seeing as I can’t (haven’t yet?) find anyone in Australia who’ll run testing for me.

Hoping that trying a bottle of Umbrellux DAO will help me figure out if MCAD is something I need to pursue further afield (and if outside Australia, at a much greater expense).