• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Abilify for the wired kind?

judyinthesky

Are there people who are helped by low dose abilify if the main issue is being wired to the max, and hypersensitivity, and not so much being unable to do things?

(I know it's related as in wired but tired but there's certainly different patient clusters)

judyinthesky

Are there pwME of the extremely wired kind that have been helped by low dose abilify?

I know it's always both, wired but tired, but still wanted to ask your experience.

Irat

Are there people who are helped by low dose abilify if the main issue is being wired to the max, and hypersensitivity, and not so much being unable to do things?

(I know it's related as in wired but tired but there's certainly different patient clusters)
Ability can cause even more restlessness as a side effect.

Tell your doctor right away if you have any serious side effects, including: fainting, mental/mood changes (such as increased anxiety, depression, suicidal thoughts), trouble swallowing, restlessness (especially in the legs), shaking (tremor), muscle spasm, mask-like expression of the face, seizures, trouble controlling certain urges (such as gambling, sex, eating or shopping), interrupted breathing during sleep.

It's always a risk .of course you could tolerate it just fine and it could help ,but if not things could even go worse,I would never again take a neurotoxic drug in my life as I have been damaged by one and dealing with akathesia and tardive dyskenisia.( drug induced iatrogenic disease)

https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-64439/abilify-oral/details

Last edited:

Sophiedw

Please don't mind me asking, although this doesn't answer your question, have you tried taurine before? Or allopregnanolone?

Taurine sent me down a horrible rabbit hole, it must oppose serine in a weird way. For me at least.

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
Dmg used to give me a sense of calm. I can't do tmg though. That makes me feel aggressive. The sublingual Dmg worked the best.

Also they use it for autistic children and I think this disease or whatever affects our brain must have some overlap with that disease. One component of autism is sensory overload and I get that a lot.

leokitten

If you are able to exert and do things without PEM or any signif PEM and predominantly have super wired hypersensitivity symptoms I would wonder if you have the same ME/CFS many of us have. Have you tried anticonvulsants like lamotrigine or topiramate? Or high doses of pregabalin or gabapentin? The latter two aren’t as strong as the former. But if they help you a lot this might be a sign. For people with standard constellation of ME/CFS these drugs can help some with the hypersensitivity issues but not with any other major symptoms.

judyinthesky

If you are able to exert and do things without PEM or any signif PEM and predominantly have super wired hypersensitivity symptoms I would wonder if you have the same ME/CFS many of us have. Have you tried anticonvulsants like lamotrigine or topiramate? Or high doses of pregabalin or gabapentin? The latter two aren’t as strong as the former. But if they help you a lot this might be a sign. For people with standard constellation of ME/CFS these drugs can help some with the hypersensitivity issues but not with any other major symptoms.

Thank you.
Gaba and pregabalin make everything worse.
I take Clonazepam which is the only thing that makes my symptoms better and enables me to eat without neurological terror.

I haven't tried topiramate

I have lamotrigine here but am a little worried about the dreaded rash because I have already intense skin burning and formication and would avoid going into the hospital.
I know quite rarely it is used for ME very off label.

judyinthesky

Anti migraine medication experiments made me crash to very severe - Such as Novalgin and Triptanes... isn't Topiramate something in this context, anti migraines? Willing to try anything

judyinthesky

Also regarding topiramate, does it decrease dopamine? I seem to do good on the Dopamin effect of a benzo

leokitten

@judyinthesky benzos are not a long-term solution. Many people here and on other forums regret ever taking them long term because they now have now more problems on top of ME. Benzos start losing their effect, will make you actually have more anxiety/depression/wired after some time, and can cause permanent side effects even after stopping. Benzos where never meant or developed for long-term use only occasional short periods of time for crisis situations.

leokitten

Anti migraine medication experiments made me crash to very severe - Such as Novalgin and Triptanes... isn't Topiramate something in this context, anti migraines? Willing to try anything

Topiramate does have more side effects on paper compared to lamotrigine. If you are worried about about lamotrigine side effects might think about seeing a psych to work with you or try a low dose like 12.5 mg per day to start out.

judyinthesky

@judyinthesky benzos are not a long-term solution. Many people here and on other forums regret ever taking them long term because they now have now more problems on top of ME. Benzos start losing their effect, will make you actually have more anxiety/depression/wired after some time, and can cause permanent side effects even after stopping. Benzos where never meant or developed for long-term use only occasional short periods of time for crisis situations.

Please check my other thread
For me it's benzo or Inability to eat.

judyinthesky

Topiramate does have more side effects on paper compared to lamotrigine. If you are worried about about lamotrigine side effects might think about seeing a psych to work with you or try a low dose like 12.5 mg per day to start out.

I'm 100% bedbound and can't talk so finding a psych to work with me will be hard. It's also that I have extreme MCAS. Of course I can only microdose it. I have this medication from a psych actually from a misdiagnosis before I knew my neurological stuff was ME.

leokitten

I'm 100% bedbound and can't talk so finding a psych to work with me will be hard. It's also that I have extreme MCAS. Of course I can only microdose it. I have this medication from a psych actually from a misdiagnosis before I knew my neurological stuff was ME.

Are you also trying H1 and H2 antihistamines, quercetin, montelukast, cromolyn? I know maybe you are super sensitive to meds, but worth trying maybe they could help with MCAS and this could be a clue as to why you are hypersensitive. It might not be psych but MCAS neuroimmune symptoms causing over excitatory neurotransmission