• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Abilify and Prozac (CYP2D6 inhibitor)

nsdn

Hi.

Abilify's prospectus says:

Quinidine and other CYP2D6 inhibitors

In a clinical trial in healthy subjects, a strong inhibitor of CYP2D6 (quinidine) increased the AUC of aripiprazole by 107%, while Cmax was unchanged. The AUC and Cmax of dehydro-aripiprazole, the active metabolite, decreased by 32% and 47%, respectively. The dose of aripiprazole should be reduced to half the prescribed dose if aripiprazole is co-administered with quinidine. Other strong CYP2D6 inhibitors, such as fluoxetine or paroxetine, may have similar effects and therefore similar dose reductions should be given.

Has anyone combined Abilify with Prozac? I understand that I should lower the dose of Abilify a little. But how far? I was taking 0.5mg of Abilify and now I start Fluoxetine 20mg.

nsdn

My genetics:

IMG-20220707-141735.jpg