• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

A2 milk - helpful?

Aerose91

All goat and sheep milk is A2 since they never had the gene defect. I occasionally make some kefir if i can handle the histamines with raw, pasture raised goats from a nearby farm

There is a farm ( with a rock solid reputation) about a 45 minute drive away. I was going to try " unpasteurized" a2 milk. I am not that sick at the moment. I am doing this in secret because my husband will think I am crazy and I am a trained health professional and this is considered a sacrilege. My kids are 15 and 17 so there is low risk of an E. coli/ infectious issue. I also want to pick up real " grass fed " meat.
i love milk. I did stop it for awhile , did the whole food eliminating things ( gluten, dairy free etc. with absolutely no results, except severe diarrhea. if I see any difference I will post.

We have been drinking A2 and making kefir from it for almost a year. We have known about the A1/A2 history for maybe 10 years. We raised dairy goats for 25 years and had our own milk. Goats milk is all A2A2. We have not had goats for 3 years so we were really happy that the US has 3 bottling facilities. It's wonderful and we are thrilled to be able to have good milk again. We have had health issues resolved. They say it all starts in the gut and good gut health is so important, another reason we make kefir and drink it daily. So many herds are in the process of converting someday all milk in the store will be all A2.

There is a farm ( with a rock solid reputation) about a 45 minute drive away. I was going to try " unpasteurized" a2 milk. I am not that sick at the moment. I am doing this in secret because my husband will think I am crazy and I am a trained health professional and this is considered a sacrilege. My kids are 15 and 17 so there is low risk of an E. coli/ infectious issue. I also want to pick up real " grass fed " meat.
I love milk. I did stop it for awhile , did the whole food eliminating things ( gluten, dairy free etc. with absolutely no results, except severe diarrhea. if I see any difference I will post.
Just a suggestion - we tried A2 milk from an advertised farm and the after a few trips there we found out he had not really had his cows tested. It takes a hair sample from the tail head. He just was "pretty sure". We stopped going.

rel8ted

When I get milk products, 'stuffiness' doesn't encompass it -- I can't breathe!

I wish this were available commercially in the US -- I'll have to hunt around.

-J
Fresh Market carries it if they are in your area. I would also check Whole Foods.