• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

A way to send your thanks to Prof Malcolm Hooper and Margaret Williams for all their

leelaplay

Hi all,

When I was posting the latest letter from Prof Malcolm Hooper and Margaret Williams regarding the complaint (Magical Medicine) to the MRC regarding the PACE trials, I was overwhelmed by the incredible work they continue to do on our behalf.

I felt a strong need to express my appreciation, but was hesitant to use Prof Hooper's email address as I didn't want to interfere with all the work he does, and Margaret Williams' address is secret.

In thinking about it, I realized that there are probably thousands of others who feel the same way. If you are one of these, I have started a group thank you card that you can sign as well. You can add a note if you are up to it, or just put your name. I added my country as I thought they would like to see how they have impacted lives around the world, not just in the UK.

Please share this message with anyone you think would be interested in thanking Prof Malcolm Hooper and Margaret Williams.

The card will be sent on Feb 14 at 4 am PST.

Warmly,

leela
http://www.facebook.com/pages/XMRV-Global-Action/216740433250?ref=ts

card at: http://www.groupcard.com/c/azx8pegfass/cp

Enid

I would like to send a very personal thank you to Prof Hooper (and of course Margaret Williams). Eleven years ago when severely affected and all the Medics had washed their hands of my illness, an old friend they will know (founded Norway ME) sent me (diagnosing from Norway) - "Engaging with ME" with extracts from Byron Hyde. Very ill and in the face of complete ignorance I read and recall thinking "someone knows". That in itself was enough for me to try and self medicate. It's a long haul but I have watched their long haul in the ignorance that existed (still does mostly) in the UK. Looking at the international research and findings I take much pleasure in the thought - Prof Hooper right in the first place. And many thanks to him.

leelaplay

Glad you got it figured out Enid!

For anyone else who may have troubles, some people have had a facebook pop-up appear under the "click here to sign the card box" when first entering the page. I think that if you hit the x in the top-right-corner to delete the fb box, everything will work.

You should also be able to upload pictures, and play around with fonts and colour if you wish.

sb