• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

A nanoelectronics-blood-based diagnostic biomarker for myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS)

Oliver3

@lior

Is this British paper the Telegraph considered a credible news paper or is this a sensationalistic newspaper?
Its a right wing middle England type of newspaper. For those with a severe dose of meanness and Protestant work ethic deeply ingrained. Pull your socks up thing.
But they're not a tabloid. Kind of like wessley himself, thinks a lot of himself, cannot empathise with others, has somehow achieved a high social ranking through said work ethic but little in the way of substantial intellect

Oliver3

Well, I did read in a court transcript where Wessely was called as an expert witness (of what?) that he told the court that what he knew about the immune system you could write on a postage stamp. Most people with any sense given his lack of knowledge would know better than to try to undermine the work of someone who is actually an expert in his field. I don't t think he is a cretin though, more of a clever devil. It is more entertaining anyway to work out which are the Personality Disorders this man exhibits. Perhaps @Janet Dafoe (Rose49) could take this poor afflicted tortured soul on as a patient and help iron him out .
I think it's some form of narcicissm. He so deeply believes he is right. No doubt. Reminds me of those Dickensian schoolmaster types.
Funnily enough, BBC newsnight did a piece on his " recovery" from long covid.
I was shocked BBC newsnight. They usually have a gentle tug to the left but championed this weasel ( see what I did there) for an angle for the story at the height of the pandemic.
Of course I complained to the editors but they " stood by" their analysis.
Idiots