• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

a brief glimsp into how laws are really written

markmc20001

http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=1557476142&play=1

wacth at about 4 minutes in, for more context start at 3 minutes.

When discussing the fin-reg bill with BOb doll of blackrock, Senator Ted Kaufman tells how the banks and lobbyists "wouldn't let" him put certain language in the Financial regulation bill.

BUSTED!

So maybe it is not a conspriacy after all! It is just the coorporations trying to avoid chornic-payouts, when it comes to insurance pay-outs for CFS, and other debiltating diesases.

*GG*

Don't we already know what this looks like? The supposed Reform of Health Care here in the US, which is not going to bend the cost curve down, but up?! We know that gov't is not the solution, they just pass the costs onto everyone else and make things more expensive and less efficient!

College keeps increasing, and Medicare was started in the 60's. How do you think Dr's make up for what they lose in people who pay them less than what it costs to provide? Medicaid is another bungling of gov't. This is why College costs and Health Insurance premiums keep increasing beyond Inflation every year!

I would rather watch sausages being made or something!

floydguy

Yes, there is a myth about how corporations want small government. Almost all of them want big government - as long as they dictate what that big government looks like. The only thing small they want are low taxes. They want the largesse without paying for it! On the big pharma side it's helpful for them to put into law/regulation policies that benefit their drug portfolio. Also helps keep barriers to entry very high to maintain monopoly or oligopoly. Oh and when they screw up they are happy to use the government as a backstop.

muffin

As Mark points out: "So maybe it is not a conspriacy after all! It is just the coorporations trying to avoid chornic-payouts, when it comes to insurance pay-outs for CFS, and other debiltating diesases"

I agree that the insurance companies are involved and have been in CFIDS research, etc. and got to the CDC and others. BUT, we are into the third decade and there are other players and issues working against CFIDS/ME funding and research.
I really wish that the US had put limits on time and spending for elections like the UK, but our Supreme Court dropped that ball big time. So, we are stuck with special interest groups like insurance sticking their noses and wallets into our government functions. So not right.

I may have read incorrectly - I usually do (forgive me, no brain) but please - no politics of Dems versus Repubs. Stick to CFIDS/ME and fighting the "enemies". We have so many out there as it is. Thanks and forgive me if I messed up what I was reading.