• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

7 hours remission after subc heparin

I could do everything for this time (half life of dalteparin). Unique side effect was a mild anxiety. Any thoughts on the reason? I used all the 10 syringes from the box and I felt equally the same with each one.

Do you know cheaper alternatives for long term? LMW heparin is pretty expensive.

Ps.: Xarelto, warfarin and Aspirin are out of question

ljimbo423

I could do everything for this time (half life of dalteparin). Unique side effect was a mild anxiety. Any thoughts on the reason?

I think research has found low blood flow to the brain in ME/CFS. The Heparin could be thinning the blood allowing greater blood flow to the brain, alleviating symptoms.

I don't know of any alternatives but I hope you find something!

sb4

I used all the 10 syringes from the box and I felt equally the same with each one.
Just to clarify. Each day you used 1 syringe of heparin and every time, for each syringe, you experience remission for 7hrs before it wears off.
LMW heparin is pretty expensive
What is LMW heparin?

I have been thinking of trying it. Somebody posted a link to a doctors from decades ago that treated CFS with Heparin with some success. I recently tried OTC supplements, serrepetase lumbrokinase, aspirin etc but the aspirin f*****d me up for a bit. I felt off, got a head ache, and had tinitis for a day. Apparently aspirin can cause long term tinitis in some people.

wonder if huperzine a would help you? This study states

It's the next in my list.. thanks for the sugestion
Just to clarify. Each day you used 1 syringe of heparin and every time, for each syringe, you experience remission for 7hrs before it wears off
Exactly. The problem with fractioned heparin is that its half life is less than 1 hour. LMWV last around 6-8 hours, but It is really expensive.

Last edited:

Learner1

@glazevedx - I wonder if huperzine a would help you? This study states
Huperzine A improves cognitive deficits caused by chronic cerebral hypoperfusion in rats

@Learner1 has had good results with huperzine a, and I am just starting a trial with it to see what, if anything, happens.
Thanks @Mary - would love yo hear his you do with it!😉

Huperzine A is definitely a different angle of going after the hypoperfusion from heparin. I have genetic issues with hypercoagulation, yet my doctors have been hesitant to put me on something like heparin. One reason is it's a mast cell product, and generated bradykinin/inflammation.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releas...eased heparin,to the blood coagulation system.

Huperzine A increases acetylcholine, as pyridostigmine does, which calms down the hyperactivity in the nervous system causing the heart to beat too fast, so the heart doesn't fill enough, which leads to the cerebral hypoperfusion. It has worked better for me than pyridostigmine or neostigmine, with a longer half life and without the unpleasant intestinal symptoms of or the allergens in the drugs.

Learner1

I'm using the Source Naturals which comes in 200 microgram tablets, which is the standard dose.

https://www.evitamins.com/huperzine...gle_shopping&utm_campaign=google_shopping_www

I had my neurologist research it for me and make a recommendation when I could not get pyridostigmine compounded, and that's what he recommended. Sure is cheaper too.

I should usually take it in the morning with breakfast, but I've taken it all the way up until noon without food, it doesn't seem to matter either way. What does matter is that I get it into me before I want to stand much or walk or exercise

Good luck!

Mary

Moderator Resource
@Learner1 - thank you for the info! My product is Source Naturals as well, but 100 mcg. I'll try 200 mcg. tomorrow. (fwiw, I muscle test very strong for it - I know MT means nothing to most people but it's been invaluable to me, especially with lack of easy access to knowledgeable doctors and sophisticated testing)

pattismith

I could do everything for this time (half life of dalteparin). Unique side effect was a mild anxiety. Any thoughts on the reason? I used all the 10 syringes from the box and I felt equally the same with each one.

Do you know cheaper alternatives for long term? LMW heparin is pretty expensive.

Good news!
Would you explain what dosage is the Dalteparin you took?

Learner1

@Learner1 - thank you for the info! My product is Source Naturals as well, but 100 mcg. I'll try 200 mcg. tomorrow. (fwiw, I muscle test very strong for it - I know MT means nothing to most people but it's been invaluable to me, especially with lack of easy access to knowledgeable doctors and sophisticated testing)

I don't know how one would test to see if it's needed. There isn't a good test for acetylcholine in the nervous system, from what I understand. It's all a guess. My neurologist didn't think it'd hurt me, but if you have intestinal gas and bloating, hallucinations, etc. you may have too much.

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
@glazevedx, I was talking to another member about this in this thread: https://forums.phoenixrising.me/threads/reading-this-bloods-test-folate-high.81475/ (see my edit below)

When I was looking something up on that site regarding EBV I found this page:https://cfsremission.com/treatment/...n-fog/boswellia-neuroprotective-and-anti-ebv/

where the site owner says Boswellia: "...impacts many forms of thick blood and has been referred to as the poor man’s heparin."

Edit: I decided just to bring the main thought of that post here so you wouldn't have to chase it down:

Several MDs of patients using this lab for coagulation testing remarked that while their patients were being treated with heparin treatment that had their FM or CFS symptoms disappear. Dave Berg, the owner of the lab, became curious and did some follow up studies out of his own pocket. He found that the majority of CFS patients had a testable state of hyper-coagulation. Berg noted that CFS patients were not all hyper-coagulated in the same way. He published these results in 1999. Dave Berg retired a few years later and sold his lab to a chain lab and this line of work faded away.

Good news!
Would you explain what dosage is the Dalteparin you took?
I used 5000ui. For the other one who asked my source, I bought in Brazil.
@glazevedx, I was talking to another member about this in this thread: https://forums.phoenixrising.me/threads/reading-this-bloods-test-folate-high.81475/ (see my edit below)

When I was looking something up on that site regarding EBV I found this page:https://cfsremission.com/treatment/...n-fog/boswellia-neuroprotective-and-anti-ebv/

where the site owner says Boswellia: "...impacts many forms of thick blood and has been referred to as the poor man’s heparin."

Edit: I decided just to bring the main thought of that post here so you wouldn't have to chase it down:

Several MDs of patients using this lab for coagulation testing remarked that while their patients were being treated with heparin treatment that had their FM or CFS symptoms disappear. Dave Berg, the owner of the lab, became curious and did some follow up studies out of his own pocket. He found that the majority of CFS patients had a testable state of hyper-coagulation. Berg noted that CFS patients were not all hyper-coagulated in the same way. He published these results in 1999. Dave Berg retired a few years later and sold his lab to a chain lab and this line of work faded away.

Man, this is amazing. Let's see in practice how much It works like heparin. I Will look for experiences with Boswellia here in the group. Thanks for the opinion.

Last edited:

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
Sorry, @glazevedx, one more thing I found regarding Boswellia I just found on THIS site:
Choose the Right Boswellia
That brings me to a point about boswellia—it’s important to select the right boswellia extract.
Not all boswellia products are created equal. AKBA, a very important boswellic acid that is strongly anti-inflammatory, can have levels as low as 1% in unstandardized boswellia products. To make sure you get the best, look for boswellia standardized to at least 10% AKBA.
Also, researchers found that one of the compounds in boswellia called “beta-boswellic acid,” is actually PRO-inflammatory—clearly the last thing you want when dealing with asthma and other inflammatory lung diseases. The best boswellia extracts reduce beta-boswellic acid to less than 5% of the extract. Unstandardized products can be as much as 25%, so it’s important to know what to look for.

Though I found that on a site about asthma so not sure it would apply in hypercoagulation however I don't think you want one that will increase inflammation.

lint7

What symptoms specifically did this treatment alleviate?

Hip

Any thoughts on the reason?

Heparin may help ME/CFS via its blood thinning effect — see this article.

So you might look into supplements which can also thin the blood, which include bromelain, nattokinase, rutin, garlic, grape seed extract, vitamin E, turmeric, vinpocetine. A cocktail of these might thin the blood similarly to heparin. But thinning the blood (ie, inhibiting coagulation) too much can lead to heavy bleeding if you cut yourself.