• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

500g 99% pure Oxymatrine 99% powder selling on ebay (SOLD)

gbells

Improved ME from 2 to 6
I have not looked into it in any detail, but according to Dr Brad Stanfield in this video (see the text beneath):

The latest research from Shin-ichiro Imai, M.D., Ph.D., a professor of developmental biology at Washington University in St. Louis, identified a transporter that allows NMN to get into the cell without converting to NR. The catch? The transporter is only on cells located in the gut of mice and only works in the presence of sodium ions.

https://www.elysiumhealth.com/en-us...yXUxc128lxXxuryHp5p25oD8pZiojbKsaAv2gEALw_wcB

I'm sticking with NR.

Hip

The transporter is only on cells located in the gut of mice and only works in the presence of sodium ions.
I'm sticking with NR.

Interesting!

At this stage, though, I think I would put more credence in user reports, and the ones I have seen tend to rate NMN over NR. But maybe it also depends on the person, as we are all different.

There were 4 or 5 comments from different people at the bottom of this article (which I linked to earlier), where people said they found NMN better than NR. However, I notice those comments are no longer there.

EDIT: in fact I am just going blind: the comments are still there!

gbells

Improved ME from 2 to 6
I noticed an energy jump taking NR. It concerns me that these transporters are only in gut cells and you'd have to load up on sodium. What about the rest of the cells (brain, muscle, liver)? If you take NR you cover more cells,

Learner1

According to this page NR is better because it enters the cells easier.
https://www.elysiumhealth.com/en-us/science-101/nmn-and-nr-how-these-nad-precursors-measure-up
This is incorrect, it is actually NMN, and you can increase bioavailability b taking it sublingually which will get it directly into the bloodstream. The article you posted is from Elysium's website, which is biased and pushed selling their own product. NR has to convert too many times for some of us, depending on genes that effect it. It did nothing for me.

There is a recently discovered transporter SLC12A8 that allows direct movement into the cells. I agree with Dr. Stanfield, as I've have seen the science on this elsewhere.

The general consensus outside the ME community is NMN dose is 1g. I built up by using Alive by Nature 125mg and now buy 500mg capsules from DoNotAge due to price (expensive!!) and if you are wanting the longevity benefits you need 1000mg of TRANS-resveratrol which I mix in with fish oil as its hard to adsorb. The biohackers seem to think this will add 10 years-ish to their lives. For us a boost in NAD and switching on some positive SIRT genes is up in the air if you think its worth £125 a month lol. But its definitely worth a try.
First of all, ME/CFS patients don't have much in common with biohackers, who are typically 30-60 year old men. Researchers have found a great deal of abnormalities between subsets of ME/CFS patients, So doing what they do could be counterproductive for patients like us

I spoke at length with one of the doctors working for the company that makes a fasting mimicking diet following Walter Longo's theory of caloric restriction and longevity. I ran through highlights of my labs, and shared some of the metabolomics findings in ME/CFS, and he became very concerned and told me this was not the right one for me. It is a high carb, low protein diet that relies heavily on high oxalate, allergenic foods.

I also recently posted an article describing the pitfalls of high dose NAD+ If one has any cancer cells beginning to form, high dose NAD and precursors can promote tumor growth. Perhaps you do need that much due to some oddball genetic condition.or perhaps you're not recycling it properly due to missing/limited co-factors. But if you need that much, it's very worthwhile to look for root causes, and maybe you'll need less with those treated?

I take 1g tranresverstrol
just bought this NMNMAX product, with 60 x 400 mg NMN capsules costing £30, which seems good value.
That sounds like a good deal. I'm not sure ingesting capsules is best though, causing it to go through your digestive system - unless you think your intestines have really sluggish mitos. Sublingual is more direct into our bloodstream. Maybe you can just dump the powder under your tongue.

dreamydays

Interesting!

At this stage, though, I think I would put more credence in user reports, and the ones I have seen tend to rate NMN over NR. But maybe it also depends on the person, as we are all different.

There were 4 or 5 comments from different people at the bottom of this article (which I linked to earlier), where people said they found NMN better than NR. However, I notice those comments are no longer there.

EDIT: in fact I am just going blind: the comments are still there!

Hi, NR just gave me brain fog. Also I have seen this Amazon product and its almost certainly fake as its a hard molecule to make and all the reputable brands have independent recent COAs. The substance itself is slightly yellowish and you will feel something the first time. I would suggest https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sublingual...3&sr=1-2-fdbae751-0fa5-4c0f-900b-865654896618

As a proof of concept as there is so much fake NMN and fake reeviewss out there.

dreamydays

In honest the boost it gave me wore off after a few weeks but I have been doing stronger, so maybe just used to it. Its hard to know, my friend @mitoMAN says NADH subq is much better so maybe onto that next.

Hip

Also I have seen this Amazon product and its almost certainly fake as its a hard molecule to make and all the reputable brands have independent recent COAs. The substance itself is slightly yellowish and you will feel something the first time. I would suggest https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sublingual...3&sr=1-2-fdbae751-0fa5-4c0f-900b-865654896618

It is a very low price, I agree. However, new supplements which start off being expensive do usually get lower and lower in price over a few years (unless they are patented), as manufacturers find better ways to make it.

I can't find any reports of Max NMN being fake online.

the boost it gave me wore off after a few weeks

So NMN is no longer working for you? Or at least you don't notice any effect when you take it?

Hip

I don't notice the effect but have been doing well.

It can be informative to stop a treatment which you think might be helping for a few weeks, to see if your ME/CFS gets worse. If it does get worse, it suggests the treatment was working. Then when you restart the treatment, and you start improving again, it gives you a clearcut demonstration of the efficacy of that treatment.

I often do this to treatments I think might be helping. This start/stop testing gives you more insight to the benefits the treatment offers.

The strange thing is, we quickly become accustomed to our new level of health that results from a beneficial treatment, and we forget what we were like before we started the treatment.

dreamydays

Yes Hip, had a week off and no change. I will go the direct route and try NAD injections. The first human studies of NMN are coming out soon, but they seem to suggest it is bioavailable orally. @mitoMAN knows more but this is the system for creating NAD

1600398915661.png

dreamydays

You can see the Robert Phair area in the top right and also why take NR when it gets converted to NMN. Like most things it helped me but the ME adjusts. Also NR gave me brain fog and NMN gave me cognitive energy.

dreamydays

Just a warning on other oxymatrines, Our order was delayed last year and so I found some from a UK TCM seller. Mrs D, took an approximate dose as did I. She felt awful for days as it was so potent, but I didn't even notice.