• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

3T MRI's

Daffodil

hi all. so i begged and pleaded and complained until i was able to access the 3T MRI machine here, for a cervical MRI. turns out they found a small nodule/tumor? this makes me wonder just what are they are missing in every 1.5T MRI?!? because I have had several 1.5T MRI's lately of that area and nothing of this sort was visualized!

Daffodil

so i have been reading a little about these nerve sheath tumors. having CFS/ME, we have a lack of p53, the tumor supressor. i remember reading about this eons ago. also, low to no NK cell function. In addition. an article says a tumor like this could arise after radiation treatment for cancer. this makes me wonder if the 2 DMX's combined with the other fluoroscopy i had at Regenexx may have played a part?

Jyoti

@Daffodil--it never stops, does it? Or sometimes it sure feels that way. I am hoping fervently that this suspect nodule is nothing more than another slightly enlarged lymph node. What a horror to think that the Regenexx treatment might have encouraged something bad. My fingers are firmly crossed for you.

Daffodil

@Jyoti @maple yes that too. maybe it is new from the last treatment, maybe from DMX's, maybe from long ago and not seen, who knows. usually these things end up being nothing so i think i can manage to not worry too much. even the doctor didnt take it seriously and i am sure they see these things a lot.

my mom had a recent scare where there were some changes in her lymph nodes in her neck. the radiologist recommended biopsy and her GP's office took a long time arranging it. I became so irate calling the office that i ended up having a fight with the receptionist. I was sure they were going to kick my mom out of the practice because I am always interfering. But the description on the report was quite worrisome and my mom is 84. Anyway, I had to eat crow when the biopsy turned out negative. I guess i just have no trust left in doctors. It is sad.