• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

2022 IACFS/ME Conference: Register before July 4 for best rates!

Hope123

The 2022 IACFS/ME Virtual Medical and Research Conference will take place online from July 27 - July 30, 2022!

This will be IACFS/ME's 15th Medical/ Scientific Conference. The exciting, informative program includes:
  • Workshops covering research- and clinic-oriented topics
  • Oral presentations of unpublished, peer-reviewed research
  • Poster presentations of unpublished, peer-reviewed research
  • Special Session - Provocative maneuvers: methods to induce symptomatic features of ME/CFS
  • Clinical Cases interactive session
  • Keynote Speaker: Dr. Akiko Iwasaki (Yale University, USA)
  • Plenary Session Speaker: Dr. David Systrom (Harvard Medical School, USA)
  • Special Speaker: Lauren Stiles, JD (Dysautonomia International/ Stony Brook University, USA)
  • Awards Ceremony: Honoring Staci Stevens, MA, and celebrating promising ME/CFS researchers
A portion of the conference will cover topics related to long COVID. For more information, visit the main conference webpage.

For a preview, see the 2021 Conference summaries.

Register by July 4, 11:59 PM New York City (EDT) time, to receive 25% off the Regular price.

(IACFS/ME stands for the International Association for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ Myalgic Encephalomyelitis. Since 1990, IACFS/ME has served as the nonprofit, professional organization for healthcare and scientific professionals dedicated to caring for and researching people affected by ME/CFS and related co-morbid conditions. Our supporters also include patients, caregivers, advocacy leaders, and other professionals. Click here to visit our website and learn more. )