• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

1 year time job today.

gregh286

Hi guys
I managed somehow to complete a year of time employment but the cfs demon is never far from the door.
More so I have been able to hold down the job it has days were it is superhuman effort to get into the place. A steady 7 or 8 normally I still operate in a range like the rest of us and the low end still struggle.

Leaned a lot about my body this year as when your cast into full time work every body tweak is crucial to maintain employment....you just cant afford a cfs cheat.

Still carbs in fast eaten fashion creates a complete hanlen...heart racing....lactate release and then the PEM and fog will follow as a consequence....heavy limbs and a 2 or 3 day return to baseline.

Gluten still give me air hunger and ectopic beats..wtf?
And even gluten free product do the same....so the signature DNA of wheat still a threat to my body with the gluten out. Even whisky which is gluten free to a point can cause issues. How I dont know but the wheat base in some contorted way creates havoc.

Saviours are sauna .....grapefuits and glutamine and least food as possible until eveing without tripping a panic attack by adrenals......wheres my glucose f@@@er!!..

Morning still worst by miles and carbs are.more.tolerable by night eaten slow .less sleep in a completely non sense fashion keeps Cfs less.

I get by at work but my stamina and performance is not where it would or should be.
I hope I have bluff for another year.

Still backing leaky gut....as my symptoms are a consequence of dietary habit. Not 100% consistent but high correlation.
100% safe lists are fruit and vegetables.
Anything that's been processed...added stuff to....its out.

Take care folks and have a great year.

ljimbo423

I managed somehow to complete a year of time employment but the cfs demon is never far from the door.
More so I have been able to hold down the job it has days were it is superhuman effort to get into the place. A steady 7 or 8 normally I still operate in a range like the rest of us and the low end still struggle.

Congrats on a year of employment!! No small feat by any means!:thumbsup: Even though it's been a struggle, it sounds like it's been worth the effort. Keep on, keepin on!:)