• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Help WPI with a Vivint forum signature heres how (& why)!

Sasha

Fine, thank you
The WPI has a strong chance of winning not just $100,000 but the top prize of $250,000 in the Vivint charitable giving contest (more details here). We can all vote in the contest, from anywhere in the world.

A powerful way to help is not just to vote daily but to create a signature that will appear on all your forum posts on Phoenix Rising, like the one beneath the faint horizontal line at the end of this message. As soon as you create your signature, it appears in every post youve ever written.

Research shows that people in a group tend to do what appears to be the norm. We need to make it the norm on Phoenix Rising to vote for WPI in this contest! You can help create this expectation with your signature.

Many people already have really great, creative signatures that make important points. If thats you, please save your signature in a Word document for later use and replace it with a WPI-boosting Vivint signature during the contest, or at least add the Vivint contest details to your existing signature. Theres so much at stake that its worth it!

Heres how to do it:

1. Log in to the forum.

2. Copy my signature by clicking and dragging across it and doing right click, copy just as you would in a Word document.

3. Click on the Settings tab to the left of the Log Out tab.

4. Scroll down and find Edit signature in the list on the left. Click on it.

5. Paste my signature into the text box. You can make any changes that you like and can use the formatting tools (just like Word) above the box.

6. . If you want to check what your signature looks like before it goes live, click on Preview. If youre happy with it, click on Save.

Thats it! Im looking forward to seeing a flood of new signatures!

Edit: For those who want to get creative, I've explained in Post #4 below how to do fancy signature editing so you can have colour and bigger text. Fun, fun, fun!

jace

Off the fence
Great stuff, Sasha! We're no. 2 overall atm. The WPI gets $250,000 only if it gets the most votes over all the regions. This is what we have to aim at.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Great stuff, Sasha! We're no. 2 overall atm. The WPI gets $250,000 only if it gets the most votes over all the regions. This is what we have to aim at.

Yes, we've really got to go for this one.

Glad to see you're already got your signature up and running, jace!

Sasha

Fine, thank you
How to do fancy editing of your signature!

By the way, there are some ways of making your signature look extra good that aren't offered in the formatting tools as buttons. I write them in by hand.

The formatting code uses square brackets. If I used square brackets in this message to try to show you what it looks like, the system will just format the text and won't show you the code so I'm going to use normal brackets. In the signature text field, you'll need to replace those normal brackets with square ones. I hope that's clear! :eek:

To get coloured text: put (color=red) your text here (/color)

The (color=red) tells the system to start using red; the (/color) switches it off.

This looks like this: your text here

You could have green, orange, etc. instead of red. I tend to use red because it's the most eye-catching.

To make text bigger: put (size="4") your text here (/size)

This looks like this: your text here

Depending on the number you can go bigger or smaller, of course.

Square brackets, though, remember! :Retro smile:

And you can have up to three emoticons - they liven up a signature and they're fun to get creative with.

Enjoy!

Francelle

Consistency in voting is going to be the key, as well as, recruiting as many others to do so.

Also I don't know how many of the other 99 groups will have such an International voting audience as we do, so we need to make the most of it - everyday!

Dolphin

Great work, Sasha. This thread reminded me to change my signature straight away. Good to see another one with jace too.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Nice signature, Cort - with nearly 6,000 posts on the forum you are providing quite a lot of advertising!