'Blog' is an abbreviated version of 'weblog'. A blog features diary-type commentary and is usually presented as a list of entries in reverse chronological order. Members blog about different topics: treatment, interests, likes and dislikes, news/research related to ME/CFS. Recent blog entries appear in the forum sidebar. To see all the blog entries, click on the 'Blogs' tab at the top of the forum.
Prior to posting a blog entry, you can add a description that will appear below all your blog entries
- Click on the down-arrow found beside your username on the user tabs (top right-hand side of forum pages)
- Choose 'Blog Detail' from the list
- Type a description in the 'Blog Author Description' text box (this is the description that will appear below all your blog entries).
- Click on 'Save'
To start your own Blog
- Click on the 'Blogs' tab near the top of any forum page or hover your mouse on the down-arrow within the 'Blogs' tab
- Click on 'Create New Entry'
- Add a title in the 'Title' text box
- Add your content in the main editing box (edited the same way as a post).
- Click on 'Preview' to review your entry
- When you are finished, click on 'Create Entry'
Note: if you need to edit your blog after you have posted it, click on 'Edit' at the bottom of your blog entry. When you are finished click on 'Save Changes'
To add a comment to the blog entry of another member.
- Add your message in the text box where it says 'Write a Comment' (below the blog entry)
- Click on 'Post message'
You can view the blog entries of specific members by clicking on their avatar. The pop-up that appears will show the number of blog posts they have entered. Click on the number beside 'Blog' to see their blog entries.
If you like a blog entry, click on 'Like' (bottom right-hand side of blog entry).