• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Zadaxin for NK cell boost

I have CFS fatigue and mainly neurological symptoms plus probably Lyme Disease ( positive culture, IgG + in 34, 39 and 41), HHV-6 titers=1:160, high Mycoplasma Pneu, high Toxoplasmosis IgG, An IgG subclass deficiency in IgG1 and IgG3, low CD3, low CD8 and Focus Diagnostics NK cell function assay of 26 which I'm told is low, CD57 = 60....

So have bacterial, virus problems and immune deficiency. Has anyone arranged to have Zadaxin legally imported for personal use to help boost NK cells? Any thoughts?

determined

Hi there,
No to the zadaxin....I haven't really heard of it.

I wanted to ask, though, about the IG+ for 34,39, and 41. What do the numbers refer to?

Are you taking antibiotics for the lyme? My doctor follows my CD57 and thinks it is diagnostic of lyme at low levels. Since I started with mehtylation supplements my levels have gone up, more so than with anything else.

Waverunner

I wanted to try Zadaxin some years ago but never did. I would be very interested in anyone who actually took it. If I remember correctly, it can be mixed with vaccines to reduce side effects and increase efficiency.

http://www.sciclone.com/?page_id=900

ZADAXIN builds up the immune system by:

Stimulating differentiation of stem cells the cells that can produce virus fighters in the immune system.
Increasing the number of virus-fighting T cellsincluding CD4, CD8, and natural killer cellsthat come from stem cells.
Slowing down the breakdown and removal (apoptosis) of T cells, which are the cells primarily responsible for the cellular immune response.
Increasing the number of helper cells (Th1 cells) that fight chronic viral infection.
Increasing the production of proteins (called cytokines) that help in the action and creation of more T cells in the immune response process. The particular proteins are interleukin-2 (IL-2) and interferon gamma (IFN-?).
Decreasing the production of the cytokines interleukin-4 (IL-4) and interleukin-10 (IL-10), which are counterproductive in the fight against chronic viral infections.

ZADAXIN directly targets virally infected or cancer cells by:

Increasing the number of surface-marker proteins (MHC Class 1) that are responsible for identification and rejection of foreign agents, like viruses, from the body.
Slowing down the replication of viruses.
Decreasing oxidative stress, which dramatically decreases viral replication.

Hi there,

I wanted to ask, though, about the IG+ for 34,39, and 41. What do the numbers refer to?

Are you taking antibiotics for the lyme? My doctor follows my CD57 and thinks it is diagnostic of lyme at low levels. Since I started with mehtylation supplements my levels have gone up, more so than with anything else.
Hi there,

There is a blood test done for certain diseases called the Western Blot tests. It is used to see if your body has produced antibodies either IgM for recent infections or IgG for later infections. Your body identifies certain surface proteins it sees on the body of a pathogen like the Lyme Spirochete. It then codes those proteins onto your generic IgG or IgM antibodies to make them specific to that pathogens surface proteins and in the case of the Lyme Spirochete, its flagella it uses for movement like fins. That allows your immune system killer and other cells identify what to kill. Each of these now coded antibodies has a unique molecular weight which can be found by the Western Blot test by isolating by weight, the IgG or IgM antibodies in KiloDaltons ( a very tiny molecular weight like micro-grams).

The test uses an electric field to draw the antibodies down a substrate sorta like a piece of paper and the heavier antibodies fall behind because they are heavier. That results in the banding effect at the point along the substrate where a particular weight stopped traveling. When they look at the results, they see bands where certain weights ended up. The molecular-biologists have identified which IgG and IgM weights are highly unique to the Lyme spirochete and which are fairly likely because they show up on other bacteria like the flagella. There is a huge controversy about how many and which IgG or IgM antibodies constitutes a positive test. This is due to disagreement about the importance of certain antibodies or weighting, whether different species should be considered, whether the IgG 31 and 34 which were used in a vaccine should be excluded and on and on. Its a mess. If you have 2 of the highly specific antibodies like 34 and 39 like me plus the 41 flagella, its highly probable you have or have had Lyme if you weren't vaccinated like me. The CDC/IDSA disagrees.

Since I also have a IgG subclass deficiency, my body doesn't make enough raw IgG antibodies which can fool the test because it may reduce my coded antibodies levels further complicating the diagnosis.

My CD57 was tested at 60 but its been found not to be unique to Lyme so is not a specific indicator but another indicator that something isn't right in your immune system. Yes I've taken antibiotics but thats addressing the tip of an iceberg. The antibiotics cannot get to all the bacterial forms and types and do nothing for the immune impact or viruses or any metabolic problems or disregulation.

Did your doctor check if you had a Methylation problem? There are tests to see if you likely have that metabolic problem? The tricky part of this whole CFS and Lyme problem is nailing down what is wrong in your system. It seems there are a number of issues and strategies for addressing them. Most of them lead to some kind of immune problems which in turn can make you susceptible to the effects of bacteria like Lyme and co-infections, Viruses like HHV-6 and EBV and autoimmune-like neuro-inflamation. Its important to track down everything possible and then address each issue in whatever approach has been shown to help. Its a mess as the basic research is still very weak.

determined

LHCTom, you have given me a lot to think about. My doctor has been treating me as if I have had lyme disease for quite some time now.

She measured my NK cell levels for many years then switched over to the CD57 a while back. I think I've had the test 3 or 4 times now.

I've been on doxycycline for a very long time now, at miniscule doses for most of the time. My doctor wants to switch me over to zithromax, but I'm very fearful. I am able to work part time and I worry most about the chemical sensitivity, which is what kept me at home for so many years. Even now, if I take even a bit extra doxy, my chemical sensitivities flare.

My latest CD57 was 83, which is a significant improvement over my other readings.

I think the improvement was due to miniscule doses of methylfolate and mB12. When I say miniscule, I mean almost homeopathic doses. I've been on them over a year now and my improvement in stamina and exercise tolerance has been amazing.

You seem to know quite a bit about lyme. How long have you been ill?

I would want to be sure I have Lyme first. I've put a lot of effort trying to get that nailed down. The CDSA/CDC is overly conservative while some doctors are too quick to diagnose. Its a bummer but knowing its Lyme or CFS or something else is critical. Even if it Lyme, antibiotics are not enough. The Lyme spirochete changes forms and hides in inaccessible places and biofilms to evade antibiotics. Only a healthy immune system plus antibiotics and other strategies can eliminate Lyme. Its scary.

Once the Lyme or anything else compromises your immune system, old childhood viruses like HHV-6 can return and a CFS like condition can result with further immune problems.

You need to get your immune function tested to evaluate whether this is a major component and needs help

You can have your IgG subclasses1-4 tested at Labcorp or Quest
You can get a Lymphocyte profile from Quest ( CD3, CD4, CD16, CD56 etc..) absolute amounts, ratios etc..
You already know the CD57

You can get tested for co-infections and mycoplasma variants

You can get tested for the key viruses like EBV, HHV-6 etc...

Then you know more about the bigger than Lyme picture

You can get the new Lyme culture from Advanced Laboratory Services and use on of the best Lyme labs that offer both the CDC and full set of Western Blot antibodies so important antibodies like 31 and 34 are not excluded.

Now you have a better overall picture and can find the appropriate doctors

determined

I think you are right....my doctor has been treating me for a very long time in the very same way. And while I think the doxycycline has helped with my chemical sensitivities (still not absolutely sure about this), I think that the methylation supplements have helped a great deal with weakness/fatigue, and that was something I've done on my own, thanks to Rich.

I think my doctor has limited focus.

Timaca

LHCTom~ I am battling various viral and bacterial pathogens. My CD4 and CD19 counts are low. I'm going to add in Beta Glucan and Transfer Factor to see if those will help my immune function. Good luck boosting your NK function. Let us know how it goes.

Best, Timaca

My Zadaxin is being delivered by FEDEX and hopefully will arrive soon. I will keep others posted on my experience. It has not yet gotten the PR for CFS/ME it deserves but may be the next breakthrough in combination with anti-virals.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
My Zadaxin is being delivered by FEDEX and hopefully will arrive soon. I will keep others posted on my experience. It has not yet gotten the PR for CFS/ME it deserves but may be the next breakthrough in combination with anti-virals.

Im keeping an eye on you with interest.

good luck,
cheers!!!

Jenny

Any news about whether this has helped you LHCTom?

Jenny

LHCTom, curious if you considered/or have already tried imunovir? are you choosing this other drug over it specifically to treat NK cells?
Good luck
Htree