• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

"young men, sociopaths..." Trying to find that quote

Stewart

It's from last year's PACE tribunal judgement - page 36, the Tribunal's summary of the Information Commissioner's cllosing submissions.

Professor Anderson's "wild speculations" about the possibility of "young men, borderline sociopathic or psychopathic" attaching themselves to the PACE trial criticism "do him no credit"

TiredSam

The wise nematode hibernates
upload_2017-6-29_21-34-30.png

I thought this was a call to arms for the final battle, and clicked on it ready to do my duty. How disappointing to find it was just @ScottTriGuy looking for a quote.

Still, I stand ready.

TiredSam

The wise nematode hibernates
"young men, borderline sociopathic or psychopathic"
Anyone else notice the blatent sexism in this? Even though most M.E. sufferers are female, the sociopaths and psychopaths are all assumed to be male. On what evidence? Haven't the BPS crew ever heard of the Monstrous Women of Dorset (@Countrygirl)?

And as a male surely I have just as much right to be labelled with hysteria, pervasive refusal syndrome or Munchausen Syndrome by Proxy as any other M.E. sufferer?

So if anyone from the BPS crew is reading this, a little less sexism in your fictitious diagnoses would be much appreciated.

Countrygirl

On what evidence? Haven't the BPS crew ever heard of the Monstrous Women of Dorset (@Countrygirl)?

PLEASE @TiredSam ! :eek: Just shhsssssh!!!

We are an underground organisation :cool:.......................well, under cover I guess...................(yeah all right..bedcover:p)

And just for the record we are the Westcountry's Monstrous Regiment of Women and are are made up of a group of particularly bolshie women who have no intention of taking prisoners. :angel:

Countrygirl

View attachment 22167

I thought this was a call to arms for the final battle, and clicked on it ready to do my duty. How disappointing to find it was just @ScottTriGuy looking for a quote.

Still, I stand ready.

You sound our kind of girl @TiredSam .

We can give you honorary membership of the WMRW, if you would like to join us. Just bring a mattress and a couple of pillows for when we next meet up at my house as we mostly have our meetings in the horizontal. :D

MEMum

Think yourself very lucky Tired Sam.
I believe my possible membership was discounted due to living in the wrong County or was it because I wasn't a teacher..., can't remember. Oh yes and I don't have ME, but other health-limiting conditions, and a daughter with ME. Or was it because I couldn't remember their group title and referred to them as Women from the Wild West/Wild Women from the West?

Binkie4

@ScottTriGuy

Now you have sourced your quote, can you tell us what you are going to do with it?
@TiredSam is ready and waiting. (and deeply honoured)

Is it something to do with the march in London? Is David Tuller going to stand by Jeremy Corbyn and rip up the Conservative party manifesto? Are " young men, borderline sociopathic "......required for this?

Am sure Jeremy would love the Wild Women from the West if they came to support.........
But I forgot, they can only participate from a prone position. How is this to be managed?

Countrygirl

@ScottTriGuy

Am sure Jeremy would love the Wild Women from the West if they came to support.........
But I forgot, they can only participate from a prone position. How is this to be managed?

Not a problem @Binkie4 . I will be chaining @trishrhymes @hellytheelephant @Molly98 @Invisible Woman @MeSci and @TiredSam (but he must wear his best dress!.we don't want to give a bad impression:cool:) to the railings outside no 10. They can bring their mattresses.

Prone positions R US.

Molly98

Did you not see us? down the front on our mattresses with our noise cancelling headphones and ear muffs, for Jezza's speech at Glastonbury, chanting

"OOhh Jeremy Corbyn" with the crowd.

In fact some of us had a go at crowd surfing on our mattresses. Great fun... but not good for vertigo.

Glasto is on our patch after all.

Year off next year, but we will be back with our flags and matresses 2019

Binkie4

No Glastonbury next year..........we should start a petition!

We're good at petitions....lots of experience!

ScottTriGuy

Stop the harm. Start the research and treatment.
@ScottTriGuy

Now you have sourced your quote, can you tell us what you are going to do with it?
@TiredSam is ready and waiting. (and deeply honoured)

Is it something to do with the march in London? Is David Tuller going to stand by Jeremy Corbyn and rip up the Conservative party manifesto? Are " young men, borderline sociopathic "......required for this?

At first, I thought this quote...

"young men, borderline sociopathic or psychopathic"

...meant that these young men were just on the border of being socio or psychopaths, and that was disappointing because I was looking to recruit full-on socio and psychopaths for a wee project - don't want no half-assed 'paths because if you want something done right, get a professional.

But then, I realized that what she was actually saying was "young men, borderline, sociopathic or psychopathic" thereby also including folks with Borderline Personality Disorder, so it would appear the socio and psychopaths may indeed be full-on!

As for project plans, just brainstorming with Anonymous.

MEMum

Not a problem @Binkie4 . I will be chaining @trishrhymes @hellytheelephant @Molly98 @Invisible Woman @MeSci and @TiredSam (but he must wear his best dress!.we don't want to give a bad impression:cool:) to the railings outside no 10. They can bring their mattresses.

Prone positions R US.

I'll bring sandwiches.
My great aunt, who was an amazing person into her old age, was too young to be a suffragette, but took messages back and forth to those chained to the railings.
Later on she lived in Hampshire, is that west enough for you....?
(Please read previous posts before taking offence if you are new to this thread)

Binkie4

@ScotTriGuy
Project plans sound enticing. I hope you and anonymous are progressing well now you know that full psychopaths and sociopaths are to be involved. Great interpretation.

No halfhearted measures here. Secret plans and clever tricks I hope.

@MEMum
I think you definitely qualify for Glasto 2019 ( assuming our petition for 2018 isn't successful) on the basis of Hampshire being just west enough.....although we should consult the Women from the West in case their wildness becomes extreme on this issue......and on the basis that you have no doubt inherited your great aunt's rebellious streak which will be of undoubted help to us.