• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

York Test (IgG antibodies for food) - worth doing a second time after a gap of a few years?

Dolphin

I resisted having this test for a number of years (over a decade?) because of the price. However, during a period when I wasn't trying anything new, I tried it. It showed up very little for me: only a few foods at a lower intensity so wasn't of much use.

They have a 50% offer at the moment (before the end of the year) for people who have had it before and I'm debating whether to do it. I haven't looked into the science recently so hear from people who have read up on it. Also interested in people's experiences or general thoughts.

Thanks

Cindi

I had the test last year. First test was positive so they went on with the second test. Than they called me up and told me that test did not work for me. I asked them the reason and they only said that this sometimes happens,test does not give an answer for some persons. They paid me back. Does anyone have any idea on why this test did not work on me? Thanks.

Timaca

I did not have a test done by York, but by Alletess Medical Lab. It was an IgG Elisa test. I have also purchased and read these two books: http://www.amazon.com/Dealing-Food-Allergies-Practical-Detecting/dp/092352164X

http://www.amazon.com/Food-Allergie...&keywords=food+allergies+and+food+intolerance

The first author says over and over again that the best way (the only way) to determine which foods are giving you issues is to remove the food from your diet and then reintroduce it later and see what happens.

Neither author feels the IgG tests are definitive. In fact, even the IgE blood test and skin prick tests can give false negative results.

On December 1st, I went on a very few foods elimination diet. And I felt better. I was surprised by that. I tried adding some foods back in, including foods that were "ok" as far as my test results from Alletess, and I had major issues. Now whether or not that was my CFS or the food, I have yet to determine but in another month I should have a pretty good idea of what is going on.

Good luck. Keep us posted on your decision.

Best, Timaca