• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Yolanda Foster/Hadid on Dr. Oz

Misfit Toy

No, but I feel really bad for her. I am glad that on the Real Housewives, it's being showcased how an invisible illness is seen as a mental problem. It's unreal to me. It also reminds me of what people say about me. "You look good, you were great the other day"..."yes, that was the other day." It brings it home so well. I am glad that she is a spokesperson for Lyme disease and is bringing this horrible situation to light. People who look good may look good, but not feel good and to be honest, she isn't even looking that well on the Housewives. She is looking sick. So, back off Lisa Rinna.

I missed it today but saw the preview. I have been following her on The Real Housewives though and boy can I relate. I'm actually impressed with how well she has kept herself together up until this point but I do agree that she doesn't look as well this season. Maybe she's just tired of covering it up with makeup.

I get enough crap from my Mom thinking I have conversion disorder. I can't imagine being accused of having munchousens (sp?) on national television but I'm glad that it's not deterring her from speaking out. She's brave.

And I agree... Back off Lisa Rinna. Always so quick to point out the struggles of the others.

Never Give Up

Collecting improvements, until there's a cure.
You can watch the segment here. Oops that was the sneak peak.
The one in the big video window is a sneak peak. Below the big window is a series of tiles, each tile is a small portion of her segment- preceded by an ad.

SB_1108

I watched this yesterday and I personally thought it was amazing! She briefly mentioned CFS because she was diagnosed with CFS prior to Lyme. I think its inspiring to watch her be so vocal about her illness. I've gone into isolation and lost almost all of my friends because I can't take the criticism and doubt. To outsiders that aren't sick with a chronic illness, there is a fine line between attention-seeking and awareness-seeking.
I'm grateful she is using her platform for awareness!

Never Give Up

Collecting improvements, until there's a cure.
That was definitely worth watching! She is a great spokesperson for chronic illness. The beginning clips give you a look at what it looks like to be ill and have a lot of money- she's sought answers and treatment in 11 different countries and seen over 100 different doctors; has tried zillions of treatments, including clandestine procurement of fetal cells in Tiajuana, and having her breast implants and leaked silicone removed; has an in-home infusion room, complete with a nurse; employs a patient advocate; sees an accupunturist; and a physical therapist.

From the outside, it might look like something is off with her pursuit of answers and treatments, but from the inside, from the knowing side, it looks like desperation and determination.

Apparently she has been criticized on her show for looking good, she seems fine some days, and has been accused of Munchausen's by proxy(2 of her children are ill as well.) She views the criticism as an opportunity to open dialog about the real issues people with chronic illness face, criticism and blame.

She has a great attitude. I might even try watching the show.

Daffodil

she even mentioned being diagnosed in belgium though did not mention Dr. DeMeirleir by name

Daffodil

she went to many doctors and probably sees Klinghardt now but I heard she was diagnosed by Dr. DeMeirleir! and did mention flying to Belgium on the show

I think it was a german clinic that found the leaked silicone in her body

Last edited:
I wish I wouldn't have read the reviews on that article. That's why I keep my mouth shut about my illness. Ugh. Why so mean?

She recently posted a picture with Klinghardt on her Instagram page. I do have to say, the majority of the comments are very positive on her Instagram posts.